Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 8:00:56 PM EDT
I made my last payment for a Kimber CDP ultra carry. He is going to be getting a few types in Mon or Tues.
The one I was paying off he sold with my permission. After all it has been almost 11 months I have been paying for it. He said when he gets them in I could have a choice. The CDP like I saw and shot or the Tactical.
I am told that the Tactical has a different extractor system. People say it is a little more reliable.
Anyway could I get some input if you have one. I like the polished finish and the rosewood handles. The Tactical is Black and sort of a green or brown to the handles.
It will be a carry weapon and used for IDPA. I still love my Glock.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say wait for the new 10mm's
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd say wait for the new 10mm's

Why? Do you think a 10mm has anything going for it better than a .45?

More expensive to shoot.
More felt recoil, which obviously means slower follow up shots.
The.45 has been around forever and has proven to be both reliable and quite capable.

Get an Ultra CDP, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Tactical model has an external extractor. You will be happy with any of the Kimber line.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Talked with a marine breaking in a new CDP at the range sunday. He was upset with multiple FTF's he was experiancing.

Culprit..........Extractor.

I'd go for the tactical myself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tell the dealer you want a Springfield Milspec, a brownells catalog, and a bunch of your money back.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the Tactical Ultra carry. Little getting use to after shooting a G19C all this time. Only problem after the 223rd round the Slide lock broke. Should be getting a new piece Monday. You could see that the casting was kind of iffey. Other than that NO FTF or FTE. Good groups at 8ft-12ft 15yds and 25. After that got sloppy. But that's just me. Need about 3yrs practice like with the Glock.

I was told about the 10, but all the info isn't in on it yet. I am sure it will serve it's purpose for those who buy it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got the Tactical Ultra carry. Little getting use to after shooting a G19C all this time. Only problem after the 223rd round the Slide lock broke.

another Kimber MIM casualty.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
IMHO Kimber's TLE II is the best bang-for-the-buck around in 1911 style pistols these days.  Several of my friends got them in past few months and they are all very reliable and accurate.  2 had to be sent back to factory to get lower front sights but that only took 4 days (out on Monday and back on Thursday).  I got one too few weeks ago and it has become my favorite 1911 pistol.  

It's a lot of pistol for $759.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Your friends are lucky...I'm still waiting for my slide lock....It has been mailed out twice already. I'm on Long Island and the plant is in Westchester only 45 min away. If I don't get it today I bring the gun back to the plant and get my money back.
$759.00 you did very good. I paid $1,000 with the tax
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]

I have a Pro Tactical. It shoots great and also my concealed carry gun.  I, especially love the balance of this particular model.

A reminder:  Meg-gard 8 rds mags are not work with my Pro Tact Kimber.  These mags won't go up to the mag well and lock up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Got the Slide lock so far so good 300 rounds no problem. Seems to be accurate to 50 ft. Also 25yds for a 3" barrel was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Let me firstsay Im a Glockaholic, hence my email addy:)
 That said , Kimbers are great pistols. I just traded a Springfield Match trophy for a Kimber TLE with Night sites:) Excellent shooter. The new External extractors are sweet and the reason, I mihgt add that they (and Springfield) are going to them is due to the success and reliability of the Glock exrtactor system. I would say anything with Kimber on the side is a good gun:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top