Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/19/2008 2:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2008 2:25:44 PM EDT by touchdown]
I'm leaning to my Smith J frame over my Smith 3913 and full size M&P 9, but am interested in others opinions to consider.  This will be a 2 week road trip from Illinois to Texas.  Spending most of the time in Texas.

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  My preference has been, right or wrong, to carry what I could present the fastest and pocket has been fastest for me.  But it is slower to fire and only five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

I also have a Smith 3913 9mm I have carried outside on the hip, but it requires a cover garment of some sort.  I'd likely get an appendix IWB for it also and it's plenty concealable.  Advantage is a few more rounds of ammo.  Disadvantage is that pocket carry won't work for me.

M&P 9

I never carried my M&P, and I am attracted to the huge amount of ammo, but don't have a holster wonder if it will be too big.

-OR-

I could get a Ruger LCP and have a few more rounds in my pocket and a reload.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:24:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By touchdown:
I'm leaning to my Smith J frame over my Smith 3913 and full size M&P 9, but am interested in others opinions to consider.  This will be a 2 week road trip from Illinois to Texas.  Spending most of the time in Texas.

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  But it is slower and five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

I also have a Smith 3913 9mm I have carried outside on the hip, but it requires a cover garment of some sort.  I'd likely get an appendix IWB for it also and it's plenty concealable.  Advantage is a few more rounds of ammo.  Disadvantage is that pocket carry won't work for me.

M&P 9

I never carried my M&P, and I am attracted to the huge amount of ammo, but don't have a holster wonder if it will be too big.

-OR-

You're joking, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:26:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LarryThePirate:

SMITH J .38 +p

When I lived in a state that allowed CCW, I always carried my Smith 642.  I liked it because it was ultra concealable and I could carry it IWB or in my pocket.  I liked IWB while driving and pocket when walking around.  I liked having it instantly accessible with my hand on it in my pocket.  But it is slower and five rounds.

SMITH 3913 9mm

M&P 9

-OR-

You're joking, right?

That's not an opinion I am willing to consider.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:43:55 PM EDT
Get a Glock 19.

Ok, ok, seriously I'd go with the Smith 3913 or maybe the J frame.  You haven't carried the M&P before so go with something you're more experienced with.

Why not carry both?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:50:45 PM EDT

nothing wrong with your M&P either unless it is to big
in that case take it with you in the car and when you get out
have one of your others on you
I wouldnt trust my life to a 380 ruger LCP
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:16:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By echofivekilo:
Get a Glock 19.

Ok, ok, seriously I'd go with the Smith 3913 or maybe the J frame.  You haven't carried the M&P before so go with something you're more experienced with.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

I had thought of keeping the M&P or maybe my 1911 in the car incase I had to fight my way back home after McCain whips Obama despite exit polls to the contrary and his supporters riot in the streets.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:12:09 PM EDT

Get a Glock 19.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

I had thought of keeping the M&P or maybe my 1911 in the car incase I had to fight my way back home after McCain whips Obama despite exit polls to the contrary and his supporters riot in the streets.  

Thats the spirit!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:12:54 PM EDT
Carry the one you shoot better with.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:49:31 PM EDT

Get a Glock 19.

Why not carry both?  

Ok, I could carry both.  

Thats the spirit!

I have that thought every day! That's why I keep my AR in the trunk with plenty of loaded magazines. Go McCain!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:18:45 PM EDT
Haha i thought I was the only one who kept the AR in the car with me
Top Top