Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 4:46:21 AM EDT
OK, so I've got a couple of 1911 barrels taking up space in the parts box, and haven't owned a 1911 type since 1990 or so.  Put them up for sale on the EE section of this site, and haven't had a single response.  Not used to this, 'cause when I've had an AR piece to sell, it went within hours (sometimes minutes)

Anyone have a referral to a sight with a more active parts exchange for .45 stuff?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Ebay.

At those prices they are "nitch market" barrels.  You have to get the ad where the nicch will see it.

Now, if it were chrome lined GI barrels, they would have been snapped up quickly (by me, probably).
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response, but I won't go to e bay.  Hate the place w/a passion.

What do you mean " nitch market"?  And since when is a GI barrel, chrome lined or not, worth more than a $200 Bar Sto?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
He's being nice in using "nitch market".

He's saying that most on gun forums will not spend what you're asking for used (mildly, very little, or even 1 round shot) barrels.  Most people know that a barrel has to have some kind of fitting to work great.  Sometimes you get lucky and it drops right in.
So when you try to sell a used barrel that requires fitting most would take it to a gunsmith and some gunsmith's recomend against a used barrel when they can get you a new one and fit it.

It's a cost thing "best bang for the buck".  The bang for the buck include gunsmith's costs.

Some like the chrome lined barrels more than a match barrel.  You can get a low cost 1911 between $300- $400 dollars.  These are the people or market that will look at purchasing your barrels.  I hope this explains it better.

Don't take this wrong just trying to answer your question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top