Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 11:28:31 PM EDT
Typically a 1911 shooter, I've been looking into purchasing a P220. I've always like the style and unique look of the Sig and since I significantly prefer the .45 over any other pistol round the P220 is the one. After shooting a Sig that belongs to a friend I found that there are only two things that I really don't like about this particular model. 1) Being a lefty I'd greatly prefer the de-cocker to be on the right side. 2) I like a trigger that is significantly lighter, both DA and SA, than what comes standard on the P220. The de-cocker, well, I can live with that. But I would find range trips much more enjoyable—and might feel better about throwing down a grand + to buy one of these babies—if I could lighten that trigger up a bit? Is there a trigger kit out there that will do this? Better yet, does someone know of a gun smith with experience in this area? It seems like I tracked one down on the internet some time ago but am now unable to retrace those steps. Your input is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 3:54:57 AM EDT
No personal experience, but Gray Guns comes up all the time on here as a great Sig gunsmith, and he has trigger packages.
Sig offers the "Action Enhancement Package" as well as the "Short Rest Trigger". Sig I had both done on my p229 and like the trigger, but it had been a while since I had shot it and sent it in so I couldn't get a real great idea of "before and after". I don't think the "Action Enhancement Package" lightens pull, just smooths it out. Gray Guns package appears to smooth out, but can also lighten pull.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:14:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2014 11:14:57 AM EDT by 2nd_citizen]
I put a Wolff brand 18lbs hammer spring in my M11A1 to lighten the pull. I'm pretty sure that Wolff makes springs for the 220 as well. Cheapest route.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:49:12 PM EDT
P220 SAO?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:58:19 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jester316:
P220 SAO?
View Quote

This ^
No de cocker, if you did not know sig have a changeable mag release to both sides. And the safty is ambi so it's a win win for you my friend.

If your a 1911 guy look the SAO sig, I think they make an x series in 45acp.
Top Top