Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/16/2007 2:07:07 PM EDT
Most I've seen are commercial production with adjustable sight. How common are the military ones? And the quality? I'd imagine that they get shot pretty often. I just like to get one to go with my Russian SKS.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:53:25 PM EDT
I believe you will have better success locating an E. German or Bulgarian Makarov, not very many Russian military Makarovs available in the U.S.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:36:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By elokoman:
I believe you will have better success locating an E. German or Bulgarian Makarov, not very many Russian military Makarovs available in the U.S.

+1. While most Bulgarian Military Makarov's (not Arsenal commercial) run anywhere from $175 -$225 these days, the true Russian Mil Mak's usually bring in around $400. Search for the info about the mismarked Russians (real Russian mil but marked by importer or someone as Bulgarian) - these are a bit cheaper than cleanly marked Russian mils). Keep scanning the auction sites, I know around Christmas there were some on GB and Auction Arms and sold for over $400, but they looked pristine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:45:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SilentMark:
Can you point me in the direction of geting a bulgy mak?

Try here. I know they have German Maks which are the very best made!
http://www.makarovpistol.com/guns/gunlist.htm
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 8:26:03 PM EDT
There was a Russian military Mak posted over on Gunboards today, I know nothing about it other than what I read in the post
Top Top