Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 1:13:58 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can pick up some factory grips for my 229?  I purchased it used with the Hogue grips already installed and I'd like to at least try the factory grips as the Hogue grips seem pretty bulky.  I have checked on eBay, but I'd rather avoid that if I can.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably only from the factory.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The non finger groove Hogues are the same size
as the factory grips . The only Diff I feel on mine
is that the OE grips are hard plastic and the Hogue
is rubbery .

Or you can put up a WTB ad in the EE .
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Try brownells. I think they're like 9$ for 1 side.. so.. 18$ for both + shipping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys - part of the reason I want to try out the factory grips is that I've found the rubberized grips tend to hang up my shirt when carrying concealed.  I have to continually remember to check that my shirt is covering the pistol.  That can obviously draw attention.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Jimmy,
I have a set of the plastic 229 grips. They were on the gun for only a week or 2 prior to getting the Hogues.

I have since sold my 229 with the Hogues but forgot to give the dealer the originals.

A week later I purchased a 229R DAK and want the hogues again. If you want the plastic ones, I am willing to trade you..

Let me know
Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top