Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2015 10:20:21 PM EDT
I looked at midway but their site is hard to navigate for me. I think I may have their paper catalog somewhere.
What is the best place to get small parts and affordable.
I need in stainless:
safety (probably GI)
Grip safety (GI)
standard slide stop
MSH flat
old style wide spure hammer, or at least GI style SS hammer.

I think I found Colt parts pretty cheap before, I thought at midway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I would try Brownells, or Cylinder & Slide.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Evolution Gun Works... AKA; EGW
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Not cheap, but some of the best stuff I have used. EGW
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Check Harrison Design, he makes really nice stuff. Brownells has a nice selection of quality merch too..
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems like I've bought as much stuff from Midway as I have from Brownell's for the 1911.  Check both.  That's what I do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownells has a good selection.  You can order one of their 1911 catalogs for free. Sometimes it is nice to have a paper catalog to flip through.  You will probably find some things that you did not know existed!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brownells has a good selection.  You can order one of their 1911 catalogs for free. Sometimes it is nice to have a paper catalog to flip through.  You will probably find some things that you did not know existed!
View Quote

You will...you might find more than the wife will accept.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want GI parts, look for the tables at gun shows that reek of cosmoline and have lots of strange plastic bins. That's where I get all my GI thumb safeties.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]
10-8
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I rehabilitated my worn out Colt Series 80 with parts from Cylinder & Slide, great stuff and my 1911 runs better than new.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was amazed at Brownells catalog.  I only ordered a few things from them last year and BOOM! - here is a big ass gun parts catalog in my mail box.  My wife gave me the dirty looks as she knows I'll be looking though that catalog for things she thinks I shouldn't have.  Ha!  When I saw the 1911 parts section it got me thinking of building a pistol.  And if not building one at least buying aftermarket parts to tweak a factory 1911 to what I want it to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top