Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:34:56 AM EDT
Are XD pistols made in Croatia or the US? (What is marked on the pistols?)

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC there is a crest someplace on the slide with CROATIA stamped on there.   Have to look at the wife's  when I get home in the morning.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Made in Croatia, formerly known as HS2000 before it was marketed by Springfield.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Made in Croatia, formerly known as HS2000 before it was marketed by Springfield.

They are marked 'Made in Croatia'?

My dad was born in Croatia, and he would get a huge kick out getting a Made in Croatia-stamped pistol.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont think it says made in croatia but it's stamped Croatia somewhere on the slide under a crest IIRC.  I think it's on top just ahead of the ejection port.

found an image

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Made in Croatia.
I have two of the first generation imports of the HS2000 in 9mm, one XD9 in the sub-compact size, and one of the XD40.  It is still sold as the HS2000 to the rest of the world.  The "HS" in HS2000 is for Hrvatski Samokres or Croation Pistol.
Buy him one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Had an intersesting chat with the LE rep from Springfield.   Seems a rather peeved off male called and cussed out Springfield, as he felt that they should not be dealing with anyone from that region... given the politics in the past.  The rep let him rant for a few, then pointed out to him that the XD is made in a factory only 186 miles away from the factory where Glocks are made....... apparently, that shut him up real quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top