Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:40:01 PM EDT
I think I am going to replace my USPF 45 barrel at around 30k rounds.  Where can I find new ones?  Maybe Match barrels?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Nowlin, maybe Bar-Sto? Or do you mean H&K factory barrels?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
ccfa.com
advancedarmament.com

these are the 2 I thought of off the top.they also supply suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You can replace it if you want to but I can tell you this, unless you have neglected your barrel at 30K that barrel is just getting broken in.  Put it this way, the Expert comes with 5 o-rings for the barrel.  HK predicts the life of an o-ring when given good care to last for 20,000 rounds.  An o-ring takes a lot more wear and tear than the inside of a barrel.
Replace it if you want for any reason you want, but if you are replacing it because of round count alone you are replacing a perfectly good barrel.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I basically wanted to replace it with a match barrel so I could compare the accuracy with the standard one.  I would never throw away a barrel that shoots through the same hole at 10 yards.  I was just looking for suppliers besides the HK factory itself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it would be hard to improve on the stock item but Jarvis and AAC and Barsto are all great recommendations i have had great service from all three.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I am fairly certain BAR-STO is out of the HK barrel making business.  The best reports that I have heard come from Jarvis and CCF barrels and both come with the o-ring cut if you get the full size barrels.  FYI Jarvis cuts the o-ring on Compact barrels also but CCF does not.
Another company, EFK, does HK barrels and I have not heard of any bad reports on their barrels.  I have used a bit of their 1911 stuff and have been completely satisfied with it but I have not heard all that much about their HK barrels, although what I have heard has been positive.  EFK does not cut the o-ring in any of their barrels.
All can be had in the extended 6 inch barrel and/or extended and threaded.  Just make sure if you are getting the 6 inch barrel and the o-ring cut that you specifiy that the cut is for the Match pistol (uses the standard USP slide as does the Tacitical) so you don't end up getting the o-ring groove cut in the wrong spot.  The o-ring location is different for the USP (which includes Tac and Match) and the Expert and Elite, which both have longer and different length slides.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top