Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:32 PM EST
This has really been buggin me, so I figured I'd vent my frustration here. I have several HK pistols, hell ALL my pistols are HK right now. I love HK pistols, one of the best handguns ever made.

But WHY are they still using their damn proprietary rail on the USP series! All the other manufacturers are using the universal rail, why won't HK. I have several UTL's, and I like them and they work great. But I would LIKE to be able to choose between the several other lights out on the market.

Please HK, start making the USP series with universal rails. Also offer a trade in for existing customers so they can send in their pistols to have the frame swapped out with the new one. I'll pay, just let me know how much, you can even keep my pistols for several weeks and I won't call you every other day to ask about the status. I patiently wait HK.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Thanks for listening gents.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:29:02 PM EST
Remember, this is HK we're talking about. They're probably wondering when the rest of the world is going to wise up and switch to their rail system.

It doesn't bother me, really.. I think the jagged look of the universal rail ruins the looks of most pistols.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:56:26 AM EST
I'm pretty sure that I have seen an adapter for the HK proprietary rail that allows the use of other lights. Not sure how functional it is, how much weight/bulk it adds, but that might be a good solution since I doubt HK will make that change any time soon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:18:42 AM EST
The HK P2000 uses the universal rail (about time!)

Until they retool everything else, GGG offers a USP to Picatinny rail. Adds a little bulk though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:28:44 AM EST
I've been eyeing the GG&G adapter since they first came out. Great concept, problem is try finding holsters that will work with the adapter. Yes, there are holsters out there, albeit very few.

I REFUSE to even look at the P2000 until they make it in .45. Real men shoot .45's!

Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top