Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:59:54 PM EDT
I'm just curious about the differences between the two. I'm not really a 1911 guy, and have never shot one, but I've suddenly gained an interest and would like to learn more about them. Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, 1911 has longer triger, flat mainspring housing, shorter grip saftey spur (I think). 1911A1 has a shorter triger, scalloped out areas behind the triger to make reaching triger easier, arched main spring, longer spur on grip saftey (again, I think, but could be wrong).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]

sorry had to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Is one any better than the other, or is it just a personal preference thing?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Personal preference more then anything. I prefer the original pre-A1 design but in general I think more people prefer the A1's?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Most guns are built on the 1911A1 frame , with the flat mainspring like the 1911 .

The A1 was definitely an improvement for a military sidearm though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top