Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:32:56 PM EDT
Included in this is Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Rock River Arms, etc. provided that you choose one of their stock models. Other choices include any of the guns more commonly considered to be production like Colt, Springfield, Kimber, etc.

Please speak from some kind of authority or experience, and not strictly errornet opinions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:38:44 PM EDT
No.

This is plain retarded.

There is NO fucking way this can be done. Authority?

The best thing you can do is list some pros and cons, and your ISOLATED anecdotal experiences. Otherwise this is a useless troll thread (even if unintenional). Maybe it's come at the wrong time, but I have had enough unproductive "convince me 1911 is so fucking great threads" lately. Now it's "convince me why Your 1911 is so great and mine sucks".

I'll pass.

If it turns into something like "pros and cons of certain brands" and none of this authority crap, I'd be happy to play ball
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:40:01 PM EDT
I wish i could have more authority on the subject, I have shot all those mentioned, but I have only actually owned a Wilson and a Brown.

I never had a chance to 'stress' the wilson, only a range gun and took it out to shoots informally, no problems though. Ran like it should have.

The Brown I took to a 4day defensive handgun course, and definitely 'stressed' it. Brown gets a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:50:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pulpsmack:
No.
This is plain retarded.
There is NO fucking why this can be done. Authority?
The best thing you can do is list some pros and cons, and your ISOLATED anecdotal experiences. Otherwise this is a useless troll thread (even if unintenional). Maybe it's come at the wrong time, but I have had enough unproductive "convince me 1911 is so fucking great threads" lately. Now it's "convince me why Your 1911 is so great and mine sucks".
I'll pass.
If it turns into something like "pros and cons of certain brands" and none of this authority crap, I'd be happy to play ball

What on earth are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:01:33 PM EDT
Your question asks "which is the best production pistol" and Your stipulations require experience and authority.

Who among us has had enough trigger time behind ALL of the production models out there to have any sort of authoritative or experienced outlook on the question?

Few if any.

So IF we all respected the nature of your inquiry, you'd be lucky to have two "legitimate" assertions here, since none of us are qualified to remark. Not a very convessation-worthy thread then

If on the other hand, we abandon the experience/authority portion (which of course we all are going to do, some of us with glee) then this post like every other post is going to degenerate into Bushmaster v. Colt v. RRA and 2-5 people are going to get into a pissing match. Thus asking what you ask for in the way in which you ask it is begging for the exact results you DON'T want.

As for the timing, we have had 2-3 threads where we have all had to fight over 1911s in general amidst an ignorant crowd. I have had enough fighting about 1911s from the non-1911 types. I hardly look forward to fighting about 1911s amidst the 1911 crowd.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT

Your question asks "which is the best production pistol" and Your stipulations require experience and authority.
Who among us has had enough trigger time behind ALL of the production models out there to have any sort of authoritative or experienced outlook on the question?
Few if any.
So IF we all respected the nature of your inquiry, you'd be lucky to have two "legitimate" assertions here, since none of us are qualified to remark. Not a very convessation-worthy thread then
If on the other hand, we abandon the experience/authority portion (which of course we all are going to do, some of us with glee) then this post like every other post is going to degenerate into Bushmaster v. Colt v. RRA and 2-5 people are going to get into a pissing match. Thus asking what you ask for in the way in which you ask it is begging for the exact results you DON'T want.
As for the timing, we have had 2-3 threads where we have all had to fight over 1911s in general amidst an ignorant crowd. I have had enough fighting about 1911s from the non-1911 types. I hardly look forward to fighting about 1911s amidst the 1911 crowd.

Less coffee. Soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:07:37 PM EDT

I have had enough fighting about 1911s from the non-1911 types. I hardly look forward to fighting about 1911s amidst the 1911 crowd.

dont click on the threads then.

dont be bothered/annoyed about things on the errornet
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:10:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By in_burrito:
Less coffee. Soon.

In three weeks.

But I'm still right.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:08:04 AM EDT
A STI Edge, out of the box it is ready to go for ipsc ltd compention. All those others only hold 8 rounds of 45 while I have 21 of 40.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:32:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:33:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:37:08 AM EDT
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:42:20 AM EDT
Your question has way too many factors and has too wide of a scope in order for anyone to give an "authoritative" response. All of the manufacturers you mentioned make fine guns that I would buy and use in varying capacities (duty, competition, target, safe gun-i.e. never carried, only taken out and shot due to it's value.

At best, you will get someone's opinion and what works for them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:49:39 AM EDT
Can't answer the question because I've not handled all of those pistols.

BUT

If I were to order one I think I would choose the RRA.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:58:05 AM EDT
The number of people who respond with absolutely nothing to offer the original poster makes me laugh.

Keep padding those posts folks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:01:10 AM EDT
I don't know why it's so hard for people to state their favorite production 1911 and qualify their response, but oh well.

Really guys, you're over thinking this. Either that or my request that people actually know what they are talking about is more than the interweb can handle. A response could be as simple as:

"I own both a RRA and Les Baer and use both for CCW and IDPA. I find that the overly-tight tolerances make the Les Baer a bit less reliable when dirty, and as such prefer the RRA. I've fired a couple of Wilsons at the matches and they just don't seem worth the extra cost."
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:03:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HorseHung:
The number of people who respond with absolutely nothing to offer the original poster makes me laugh.

Aren't you offering absolutely nothing with the post above?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:23:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HorseHung:

Well...at least you got some entertainment out of it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:31:27 AM EDT
Ok then, I prefer my Long Slide Coltemberfieldsauer Rock Brown River Combat Edge with its Power Extractor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:34:15 AM EDT
IMHO, the best production 1911 is the one I bought.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:03:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:07:03 AM EDT
Taggage. I want to see where this goes. I don't have personal experience with any of the names mentioned thus far, and would choose based on features if I was in the market for one of them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 11:22:41 AM EDT by Marksman14]
Kimber. Why? Hell I dont know...cause I own one and it works. And I feel bad for ya so I figured I'd throw something out there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:24:13 AM EDT

The best thing you can do is list some pros and cons, and your ISOLATED anecdotal experiences. Otherwise this is a useless troll thread (even if unintenional).

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:15:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Taggage. I want to see where this goes. I don't have personal experience with any of the names mentioned thus far, and would choose based on features if I was in the market for one of them.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's going nowhere.

Not even a discussion on which optional features offered by the different manufacturers are desirable.

Why? Because everyone thinks they are a holier-than-thou wiseass and never miss a post trying to demonstrate that, even though they have nothing to offer.

No one on Arfcom seems to understand that if they just shut the hell up when they've got nothing to say, that everyone will benefit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:53:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 2:09:47 PM EDT by BTripp]
http://forums.1911forum.com/

I don't mean to advertise other forums, but they've got a forum for every fire arm manufacturer you've metioned.

Myself, I thought I wanted a All Black Wilson CQB 5'', with the detachable rail, all the bells and whistles, and armor tuff.

But, Les Baer shot my certainty, I think I will still go with a Wilson CQB, when I become of age, it's just preference.

The only problem I had with Les Baer is, one thing for me really, They're too pretty for me. Atleast at this point in my life, All of you think of your first hand gun/fire arm and all of the idiot marks, and mistakes you've made with it, atleast with an Armor-Tuff Finish I can kind of buffer it from myself. Plus I haven't heard any complaints about them, period.

Anyway, this is an Amateur posting, and this is just my .2 cents. The real reason I posted is because I'm struggling to find the same thing, when they all cost the same, and look about the same, it's only natural to ask "What's the difference?"

So anyway, I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:57:08 PM EDT
I have a Colt 70, Kimber Warrior and a Ed brown. I have shot a Bear, SA, Wilson, Night Hawk and handled most all of the good ones. All the top brands IMO are great with the Wilsons and Browns at the top of my personal list. The Kimbers, Colts and SA are the best bang for the buck IMO. The Kimber is the best bang if you don't mind MIM ( I don't because I hve never had a problem with a MIM part). Colt is the Best bang for the buck if you hate MIM. Hope this is what you are looking for.
Top Top