Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/27/2011 12:42:12 PM EDT
Modify it or leave it alone?  I'm trying to decide what modifications I want to make to  my Gen3 Glock 23.  It will be strictly used as a combat pistol, so reliability is the first priority.  I need some opinions on what to do with the trigger.  To me the glock trigger has a long "gritty " feeling take up.  Will a Ghost, or other brand connector fix that?  How do the aftermarket connectors affect reliability?  What pound would you choose?  If you were designing the perfect combat Glock, what would you do about the trigger?  And saying "make it more like a 1911" doesn't count!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I've messed around with other triggers and always come back to the stock one as the best all round solution.

Learn to shoot it the way it is would be my advice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried different setups, and I'm back to stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
might use a lighter disconnect put pretty much as above
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I really don't have any complaints about the squishy factory trigger.  It has a good break and reset for me, so I don't wanna mess with it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish Glock triggers would go Click instead of Clack.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd leave it stock.  Make sure you're putting a drop of oil where the connector meets the trigger bar.  I've had two Glock armorers tell me that if I had one drop of oil left, that's where it'd want to put it.  Skip to 3:30
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've tried different setups, and I'm back to stock.

Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep it all stock except I like to switch out the trigger/trigger bar with a smooth face trigger. If you go with a lighter disconnect the trigger break gets mushy with some creep, I don't like that.

Keep shooting it and it will get smoother/lighter. Keep training your trigger control and learn how to use the reset.

I personally love the glock trigger and don't like shooting handguns with a long trigger reset.

I
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it when it feels pretty much like a 2 stage and has a definite reset point.  Both of mine have 3.5lb discos in them but my 17 felt better with an 8lb NY1 spring and the 19 felt better with a stock spring in it.  

I have felt some stock Glock triggers that were pretty decent, others feel like something out of a cheap toy gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
3lb kit is all I do, install it and shoot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
NY1 and a 3.5 lb connector.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I guess that explains why I haven't found many reviews on aftermarket connectors.  So far most of you prefer the factory trigger.  What about the .25 trigger job.  Is it worth the time/effort?  I've heard that you get the same result by just breaking in the pistol.  What say you?
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Stock  dude, strictly stock sproing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Glock trigger are decent... nothing spectacular but far from horrible. i have come to appreciate the stock triggers. they really do smooth out with use. so, i keep mine stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I know how tempting it is to do a bunch of modifications to a Glock with all the aftermarket stuff out there, but for the best reliability for a "combat"/duty Glock is to leave it stock or use Glock parts.

On my range G34 I installed a Lone Wolf ultimate trigger stop which really improved the reset, which is imho, my biggest complaint about the Glock trigger.  But like some others have stated, for a duty Glock leave it alone and shoot the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I answered "Something Other", as it depends .............

On a pre Gen4, I agree, leave it alone.  Maybe do the $.25 Trigger Job, but aside from that it's fine.  I've tried 3.5lb connectors from Lone Wolf and Glock.  While they do make the pull a little lighter, the trigger feels mushy and changes the point at which the trigger brakes.  I believe it brings the brake point earlier in the trigger pull.  The ONE thing that I've found that may be worth while, aside from the $.25 Trigger Job, is putting in a heavier trigger spring.  I'm running a 6lb Lone Wolf trigger spring on a Gen3 G19 and it lightens, without mushifying, the trigger a smidge.

On the Gen4 G23 I have, the pistol came w/ a newer style trigger bar that has a dimple in the tang that pushes the firing pin safety plunger, and also has a reshaped tang where the trigger spring goes.  I believe the dimple thing is from the G20/G21 and compact models.  Something with keeping that tang properly aligned w/ the firing pin safety plunger.  It also causes drag since it runs along the inside of the slide.  I've replaced it w/ Glock part # G0357 from Glock Meister.com.  This is the G17 style smooth trigger face and no dimple on the tang, but does have the reshaped tang where the trigger spring goes (I understand this is supposed to give more life to the trigger spring).
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is how my 23 is set up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And my G17- I like that the reset is more palpable, makes second shots quicker.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same setup in all my glocks....
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And my G17- I like that the reset is more palpable, makes second shots quicker.

Several people seem to like this option.  Do you end up with a 3.5# trigger pull?  Seem a little light for a combat pistol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#21]
You wind up somewhere around a 6lb pull.  It feels more like a DA revolver action though.  Heavier take up and lighter break.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I keep it all stock except I like to switch out the trigger/trigger bar with a smooth face trigger. If you go with a lighter disconnect the trigger break gets mushy with some creep, I don't like that.

Keep shooting it and it will get smoother/lighter. Keep training your trigger control and learn how to use the reset.

I personally love the glock trigger and don't like shooting handguns with a long trigger reset.

I

RED= the key grasshopper.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Once upon a time I was convinced that a lighter Glock trigger would make me a better shooter.  I bought a Lone-Wolf 3.5 connector and started shooting with it.  I kept it for about a year and when the Gen4 19 came out I bought one.  By all accounts the Gen4 trigger is "worse" than the stock Gen3.  

I took the box-stock Gen4 19 to a "Pistol refresher course" offered by one of the local ranges and not only did I find that I could shoot it just as well as my "good" trigger, but I also found that the stock connector had a stronger reset which helped with rapid fire.  

My conclusion:  There was no perceivable benefit of the lighter trigger(other than maybe bullseye accuracy... maybe).  I threw the stock connector back in my Gen3 and now both pistols remain stock except for sights.

Remember- its the Indian, not the arrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the trigger is the only downfall of the Glock, it can be better than stock. I like the consistent weight for every shot but just prefer it lighter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, I've messed around with other triggers and always come back to the stock one as the best all round solution.

+1

Breakin might smooth out a few edges, but I've never noticed my Glock triggers getting better.  Dry fire a lot, shoot it, you'll get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Polishing would remove the gritty ness and not effect reset
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
The only problem I have with it is that it is attached to a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So you like the glock trigger so much that you wish it were attatced to your 1911?Why are you even here in the Glock forum?
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Stock is where I keep mine and I shoot it pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Breakin might smooth out a few edges, but I've never noticed my Glock triggers getting better.  Dry fire a lot, shoot it, you'll get used to it.

I just picked up a G19 i've had a G26 for years with a shit ton of rounds and trigger pulls.

Both triggers feel the same to me.

That said i don't have an issue with glocks trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#32]
3.5lb connector and polish the trigger group.

If it hasn't already been pointed out, the 3.5lb connector does reduce the pull, but mine still measures at about 5.2lbs...YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I just do the $0.25 trigger job with the stock connector. Tried the LWD 3.5# connector but it was too light.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I always us reset, and I like the "+" connector it feels crisper to me for some reason, my duty, and carry guns have lots of rounds through them with tetra grease on connector area(seems to smooth them up).  anymore the reset on a trigger seems more important to me then pull.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#35]
IMO a .25 polish job is a requirement.  After that my most preferred is a 3.5lb and a standard spring.  Next is the basic 5.5 and a stock spring.  Again the polish job is non negotiable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I've tried different connectors and I always come back to the stock trigger.  I like the snappy reset of the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I've always just run stock triggers on all my Glocks, the feel doesn't really bother me to be honest.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#38]
3.5 connector
6lb trigger spring
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I just leave them stock and shoot them to break them in.  The Glock trigger will get better with use.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I am not as well versed as most of you as I just recently acquired my first Glock a 27. I am getting used to the trigger and dry fire it nightly. I swear it feels like it is getting smoother in just a few weeks. I am leaving it stock and plan on doing so.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#41]
.25 cent trigger job, with an NY1 trigger spring.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Shooting and dry firing will help smooth it out. I liked my 3.5 disconnector at first, but after breaking in my Glock I went back to stock.

The .25 cent trigger job just speeds up the break in process.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You don't like reliable handguns?
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I have tried everything... and I mean EVERTHING for a glock trigger.

I didn't like the 3.5# connectors because they increased the reset point.  I always polish up the contact points just to make it a tiny bit better.

I do use wolff extra power trigger springs with the stock 5.5# connector which seem to reduce the hard feeling in the take-up just before the break, and then it does not effect reset. Trigger weight reduction is maybe .75#, which puts it right between 4.5 and 5# depending on how smooth everything else is. This will do more to reduce trigger pull and smooth out the pull than a 5# connector.

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Leave it alone, it will feel better when broken in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Ugh......I hate my trigger pull, it breaks at 8.25 lbs, heavier than anything else I own in a handgun. Gun has been broken in, cleaned relubed and so forth.  Wonder what the explanation for a 8.25lb trigger on a stock G23 Gen 3 is...

I'm going to go with a Ghost Rocket and NY1, I'd like it to be closer to the other carry gun I rotate between.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I did the polish with a Q-tip, not the dremel, and installed a factory "-" (3.5lb) connector.  I prefer the lighter pull.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#48]
leave it alone. I have a gen4 g17 and I havent done anything to it except to black out the rear sight( temporary solution until I can get night sights). With the stock trigger I get great accuracy and my double taps( controlled pairs, whatever the heck you wanna call it), firing as fast I can realign the sights, which is instantaneous with the gen4, always land within an inch of each other. Just learn to shoot it the way it comes from the factory. It will serve you just fine and wont ask for much.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#49]
If this is your combat gun, I say leave it stock.  Glocks out of the box are extremely reliable and as you stated this is your first priority.  There are a lot of things you could do to "improve" you trigger, but none of these will increase it's reliablility.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]
well I did the .25cent trigger job last night, trigger breaks at 6lbs so I polished out 2.25lbs, not bad but still not the greatest, I have a mushy trigger now.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top