Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/16/2005 4:55:22 PM EDT
I finally was able to take my .45 HK Tactical to the range.
It was very good, but not great and am thinking of taking it to the local gun show and trade it in for a different .45.

I tried listing it on EE but i am probably asking for too much. What would be the expected trade-in value for the HK Tactical (100 rounds) with its 2 mags and bag?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't like your Tac?!?!?! Going to trade it for another .45?!?!?

Just kidding (sort of).

I would say a fair price is around $850-$900 to an individual, probably $50-100 less for "trade-in" at a gunshop.

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering I know how the fellow here locally figures trades.  He looks upon the unique factor as one thing, but for the most part his trade value is based upon the blue book and what wholesale on new one is for him.  Some guns get a premium, ie used USPc 45 goes for w/Trijicon night sights whereas, a fullsize USP 45 does not.  Or take the 625 4 inch vs. 5 inch barrels.  Some stuff moves and some stuff does not, and depending on your locale it will dictate your trade value against what you want!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was very good, but not great and am thinking of taking it to the local gun show and trade it in for a different .45.

May I ask what you didn't like about it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get $700 for it from a dealer I'd be surprised. I'd also suggest you skip over the "only X-rds fired" bit as no one is able to prove or disprove the rd count. No offense, just a lesson learned in working gun shows for 15 or so years.

Selling it to an individual should net you about $800, IMO. You might get more but it'd take a long time or a desperate buyer, IMO.

If you want to have some fun, call HCI & ask them what it's worth.      
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

May I ask what you didn't like about it?

I have big hands and when squeezing the trigger it was like the thing was never going to fire.
Some shots hit the target, most other where low, very low, off to the right and a few to the left. Basically all over the place and this was aiming at those large laundry jugs. Keep in mind, this was trying to shoot at a very slow pace.

Since I was shooting at a far distance, I decided to make sure it was not entirely my fault. Two days later I decided to take another .45 I have. Same range, same distance and same target. I hit the jug about 95% of the time and this was even when firing at a faster rate than HK. Oh, and this pistol cost about $150 less.

I bet for some, it is a great item, but just not for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have big hands and when squeezing the trigger it was like the thing was never going to fire.

Sounds like you need a MK-23.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top