Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 2:51:43 PM EDT
So, I have my glock 34 that is an awesome gun, but I starting to think I would have been better off with a 19. If I were to trade it for a 19 or sell it, what would be a fair price? I bought it used for $499.

Odds are I'll suck it up and keep it (I rarely sell a gun), but, my buddy from college is a state trooper now and has been eyeing up the 34 since he has been issued the 22 (turned to the dark side).

Thanks,

Ben
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Used Glock equals $400.  If it has night sights, I would put it at $425.  You might get a little more for it since it is a practical/tactical, but not much more.  I think you overpaid for it for being used. If you try and trade it at a dealer, they are probably going to give you about $250 for it.  Best bet is to hang on to it, and save up for the G19.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Used Glock equals $400.  If it has night sights, I would put it at $425.  You might get a little more for it since it is a practical/tactical, but not much more.  I think you overpaid for it for being used. If you try and trade it at a dealer, they are probably going to give you about $250 for it.  Best bet is to hang on to it, and save up for the G19.

I think it was a fair price, especially since it had a $50 gift card for the store) but I do see them go for the high 4's on the EE. I would never trade to a dealer. Like I said, I will probably keep, just wanted to check out my options.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was a fair price, especially since it had a $50 gift card for the store) but I do see them go for the high 4's on the EE. I would never trade to a dealer. Like I said, I will probably keep, just wanted to check out my options.

Well, a $50 gift card changes things a bit.  Doesn't it?  So you actually came out alright on that one.  But how do you know what they actually went for on the EE?  It may have been advertised at one price and sold for another.  If your buddy is a state trooper, he can buy a new G34 for less than you payed for your used one.  Glock has a LEO discount.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like your thinking, keep it and save pennies for the 19.  The arfcom both solution
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like your thinking, keep it and save pennies for the 19.  The arfcom both solution

Well, I don't exactly roll with the gun of the month club. Before I'd get a 19, I'd have to sell my walther. I doubt that'd happen soon. No, I'm a two glock man.

Ah well, you guys convinced me... a glock in the hand is worth two in the gun shop.... I'm just gonna keep it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
my advice: keep the G34, save up and get the G19

both use the same mags, handle very similar, etc...you will regret selling the G34(esp if you LIKE it now)
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
my advice: keep the G34, save up and get the G19

both use the same mags, handle very similar, etc...you will regret selling the G34(esp if you LIKE it now)

I have a 26 that my gal stole for her ccw. Probably just stick with 2 glocks- we have an election coming up... need more lowers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
If your buddy is a trooper I would suggest he go to a law enforcement dealer so he can use the discount. I just priced a 34 and a 21SF through my LEO dealer today. $487 for the 34 and $467 for the 21SF.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
If it has not failed you, you should not sell it.  Bad Mojo!  You'll regret it if you sell it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If your buddy is a trooper I would suggest he go to a law enforcement dealer so he can use the discount. I just priced a 34 and a 21SF through my LEO dealer today. $487 for the 34 and $467 for the 21SF.

That's just what I'll do- thanks for that price. I haven't kept up on the LEO prices since my parents quit their FFL
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I own a G26, G19, and a G17.  All I need is a G34 to have all of the 9mm Glocks.  My advice is to keep the G34 and save up and buy a G19.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I own a G26, G19, and a G17.  All I need is a G34 to have all of the 9mm Glocks.  My advice is to keep the G34 and save up and buy a G19.

You'll still need a 17L!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top