Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2004 2:48:23 PM EDT
I have 2 G-21's with night sights but I have the urge to modify one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
All I've done is put night sites on.  Some guy at a gun show tried to convince me that I should let him put in a 2.5lb disconnector, but I refused.  I don't think  that's a good idea for a carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing fancy, just basics:  I have two early G17s & a G19.  One G17 is just as it came.  The G19 (my primary concealment gun) and the other G17 both have 3-dot tritium sights, LaserMax internal visible lasers, lighter triggers, and grip-plugs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Trij night sights, an M3, and I colored in the etchings with white crayon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
extended slide release
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a comped barrel for my G35
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i upgraded mine back into a 1911

How does 13+1 work in a 1911, or 10+1 if you have those Clintonista mags?

I have one with a plug, nite sites, and decal grips.

I think the decal grips are one of the better mods you can do, no more holding onto slippery plastic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]

"learn to shoot and you don't need more than 7 or 8 "
Agreed
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"learn to shoot and you don't need more than 7 or 8 "
Agreed

Suppose I'm attacked by 14 zombies. If I had a 1911 I would have to do at least one reload. Everyone knows zombies speed up when they sense a reload, that's when they get you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I always put the Glock 17 trigger in my 19s and 26s.  I also always install the 34 slide stop.

I'm looking into the Ghost rocket trigger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#17]
sold it for a SIG
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh yeah, I also have a butt plug.  Damn, never called it that.  Forgot to add in my first post that it's a G19.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Same thing goes on all my glocks.

Night sights, extended slide release, extended mag release.  Thats all ya need.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
24/7 Big Dot Night Sights... NP3 done by Robar.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#21]
My G17 is the Glock I have had the longest, so she has the most modifications on her.

I have a ported Stainless Steel barrel.

Shok Buf Recoil Buffer

Tungston steel guide rod w/ 22lb. recoil spring added (captive)

Extended Slide release

Extended Magazine release

Trigicon Night Sights

Grip Plug

Heavy Duty Magazine springs in all of my clips

The heavier recoil spring, shock buf, and ported barrel does wonders to the G17. Not only does she feed better, the felt recoil is next to nothing compared to stock. After the initial break in of about 200 rounds the gun has shot and fed flawlessly.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't understand the grip plug.  The Glock was designed with that hole on purpose to allow you to strip a magazine if it became stuck in the gun.  Why would you plug the hole up and lose that feature?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I don't understand the grip plug.  The Glock was designed with that hole on purpose to allow you to strip a magazine if it became stuck in the gun.  Why would you plug the hole up and lose that feature?

Are stuck mags on Glocks common cause I never had a mag stick on me. The plug is easy enough to remove
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are stuck mags on Glocks common cause I never had a mag stick on me. The plug is easy enough to remove

A stuck mag can happen on any gun.  Hang around an IDPA match (or shoot one yourself sometime) and see how many different types of failures you see/get.

The plug just seems like a solution looking for a problem (as do most Glock add-ons for that matter).  I guess these companies make their bread off the fact that most gun guys like to tinker, and will buy all sorts of useless garbage just because they can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought a G24 top end for my 22 and then added Novak 3 Dot and a trigger job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got Arredondo +6 floorplates on my G17 mags and +2 floorplates on my G19 mags. I've got no worries about getting a mag stuck, there's plenty to pull with.

OK, but that still doesn't answer the question of the purpose of the plug.  You've (sort of) established that it doesn't hurt you, but what does it do to help?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
A little bit of money, some smooth talking and a trip to the EE, and I changed it into a USP
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, I find that mag changes are much easier with the butt plug installed.  If I need to, I can pop it right out (although I've never had to).  Not to mention, I kept getting lint and other crud up there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yep, I find that mag changes are much easier with the butt plug installed.  If I need to, I can pop it right out (although I've never had to).  Not to mention, I kept getting lint and other crud up there.

Something is wrong when you gotta put a butt plug in your weapon
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Night sights and 22,000 rounds down the pipe.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#34]
My 29 is still box-stock.  She'll get trijicons, but that's about it.

My 35 wears adjustable tritium sights (MMC) and I swapped in a standard mag release.

As for the non-Glock spammers, I'd feel like a dipshit if I went and thread-crapped in 1911, Sig, and Hk posts.  Buncha s.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I was thinking of Tritium nightsights but the comped barrel flash would make the sights useless? Unless I used a low flash ammo, but who makes it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I was thinking of Tritium nightsights but the comped barrel flash would make the sights useless? Unless I used a low flash ammo, but who makes it?

IIRC most good defensive ammo is low flash. Night sights are still useful though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC most good defensive ammo is low flash. Night sights are still useful though.

cool!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just make your first shot count.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#41]
night sights on my 23.  got em for like $40.  otherwise i wouldn't have bothered.

need grip tape for my g27.

anyone know of a place that isn't gonna charge me $7 to ship it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something is wrong when you gotta put a butt plug in your weapon

Oh, we're talking about weapoons?

j/k
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I recently purchased a G23 and put meprolites night sites on it and I put the extended slide release, and a 3.5 connector. I also added the plug.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#44]
On my G19 and G30:

Heinie sights
grip enhancer (Agrip on 19, skate tape on 30)
3.5# connector
Lots of ammo
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

anyone know of a place that isn't gonna charge me $7 to ship it?

Any skateboard shop.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow, there are some whoppers posted here!  Lemme clear up some of the thoughts, as some confusion seems to exist.  For the record, Yes, I have been throug the Glock Armorer's course.

1) I put a 17 trigger in my 19 and 26  These parts are not interchangable (see p.7 of the armorer's manual)

2) The issue of some magazines "sticking" in the gun when you drop them.  The original Glock mags were not "Drop Free" and they were supposed to be removed by hand from the pistol.  Hence the different mags you see on the market "Drop Free" or "Non-Drop Free"

3) Use of a plug for the hole in the grip- the space behind the mag well on full size and compact Glocks (not subcompacts) is open all the way into the trigger spring housing and you can get debris inside the pistol if you use it in a hostile environment.  This is also true on a 1911 "mil-spec" type that you can rock the slide back and forth on the frame.  CLEAN YER GUNS!!

4) Filling in letters and numbers with "white" crayon.  This is prohibited under articles of the *cough cough* accords.  They clearly state you must use "Crayola Tactical White".  Owners of Hk pistols may substitue "Crayola Tactical Red"

The huge popularity of the Glocks stem from the fact they are ready to go out of the box.  If a shooter does not feel this way and thinks they need modding, there are a few possible reasons:

1) He or she is a complete idiot and believes everything he or she reads on the internet

2) He or she really wishes they bought a 1911 but couldn't afford it

3) He or she really is an advanced handgunner, and then will do what they want anyways

Hope this helps, or pisses you off, or something!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wow, there are some whoppers posted here!  Lemme clear up some of the thoughts, as some confusion seems to exist.  For the record, Yes, I have been throug the Glock Armorer's course.

1) I put a 17 trigger in my 19 and 26  These parts are not interchangable (see p.7 of the armorer's manual)

2) The issue of some magazines "sticking" in the gun when you drop them.  The original Glock mags were not "Drop Free" and they were supposed to be removed by hand from the pistol.  Hence the different mags you see on the market "Drop Free" or "Non-Drop Free"

3) Use of a plug for the hole in the grip- the space behind the mag well on full size and compact Glocks (not subcompacts) is open all the way into the trigger spring housing and you can get debris inside the pistol if you use it in a hostile environment.  This is also true on a 1911 "mil-spec" type that you can rock the slide back and forth on the frame.  CLEAN YER GUNS!!

4) Filling in letters and numbers with "white" crayon.  This is prohibited under articles of the *cough cough* accords.  They clearly state you must use "Crayola Tactical White".  Owners of Hk pistols may substitue "Crayola Tactical Red"

The huge popularity of the Glocks stem from the fact they are ready to go out of the box.  If a shooter does not feel this way and thinks they need modding, there are a few possible reasons:

1) He or she is a complete idiot and believes everything he or she reads on the internet

3) He or she really is an advanced handgunner, and then will do what they want anyways

It's obvious that your goal has become to troll around and be an obnoxious ass, and good luck with that.

But your #1, which refers to my post, is just dead wrong.  I don't know how old your armorer's manual is, or what armorer you stole it from, but the 17 trigger in the smaller guns is a pretty common swap, and works just fine.  My last Glock 19 probably had 5,000 rounds through it in the 5 or so years I owned it, and every single round went bang, and every single round did so with the 17 trigger.

and just because someone owns a Glock doesn't mean they "can't afford" a 1911.  Some people actually can afford to own more than one gun.  I know it's difficult for folks in your profession to fathom the idea, but it actually does happen!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's obvious that your goal has become to troll around and be an obnoxious ass, and good luck with that. No, not really.  I look around for posts of interest to me and reply like everyone else

But your #1, which refers to my post, is just dead wrong.  I don't know how old your armorer's manual is, or what armorer you stole it from, but the 17 trigger in the smaller guns is a pretty common swap, and works just fine.  My last Glock 19 probably had 5,000 rounds through it in the 5 or so years I owned it, and every single round went bang, and every single round did so with the 17 trigger. My armorer's manual is dated January 1992, Which, I received in Oct '96 From Glock.  My post is correct, in that the manual states these parts are not interchangable.  They might work, hell, I can put a small bock chevy in a ford truck if I wanted to.

and just because someone owns a Glock doesn't mean they "can't afford" a 1911.  Some people actually can afford to own more than one gun.  I know it's difficult for folks in your profession to fathom the idea, but it actually does happen!I understand that, that is why is worded it as "a few possible reasons".  I did not say that it is true in all cases.  I can afford more guns today than I could 10 years ago.

There was a time most of us had to make choices how we spent our gun dollars.  I don't think any of us just woke up one day with a cabinet full of guns.  We work for it.  Well, except those of us in my "profession".  We just put in our time
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#50]
What's the difference between a 17 trigger and a 19 trigger?  What's the advantage to using the 17 in the 19?  My 19's inner workings are all bone stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top