Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 1:01:28 PM EDT
1. Beretta Cougar in 40.
It has under 300 rounds through it. Realistically it's probably like 150 rounds but i'll assume around 300. All were low power WWB 40. rounds.
Finish is pretty much perfect. I'd rate it just under a LNIB and above Excellent.

Comes with orig box and 2 10 round magazines.

2. S&W Model 459 9mm.
Runs 100%, it's fairly well used and i'd rate it in good/VG condition.  Slide finish is excellent and frame finish is OK, but nothing to write home about.

What are reasonable asking prices for these guns?
I'll post pics later when i get them up.

Thanks for any replies.
I will be trying to move these quick to fund another purchase, so the price will be very flexible when i actually list them for sale.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1. Beretta Cougar in 40.
It has under 300 rounds through it. Realistically it's probably like 150 rounds but i'll assume around 300. All were low power WWB 40. rounds.

No offense, but I'd drop the "only has X-amount of rds thru it." An experienced buyer will ignore that as there's no way to say for certain if it's true or not (not that you would do that!!!!!). An inexperienced shooter may think you're trying to pull one over him/her?

I'd say $400 would be fair to you & the buyer. Most shooters either love or hate the Cougar, there's not too much in between, IMO.

2. S&W Model 459 9mm.
Runs 100%, it's fairly well used and i'd rate it in good/VG condition.  Slide finish is excellent and frame finish is OK, but nothing to write home about.

This will be a slow seller, IMO. What it's worth & what you can get for it quickly may indeed be a bit apart, IMO. S&W has a bit of a less than desireable rep on their semi's, as a result they're slow sellers. The gun is worth $325 or so, it'll move a lot quicker in the $275-300 range, IMO.

As a general rule, most guns will sell for 75% or so of their NIB price if the gun is in 98-99% condition.

Good luck to you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top