Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2003 7:51:55 PM EDT
I miss the Beretta I sold so I asked my dealer to get me a price on a new one.  It was after 5:00 CST so I have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.

I have $600 but I was hoping to score a Makarov too.  Am I over reaching?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen the Inox 92FS going for just under $600 and the Bruniton 92FS going for $550 to $580. I'd say you're over budget if you're trying to get a Makarov, too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at www.galleryofguns.com

You can get price quotes from local dealers pretty fast.

The 92 Vertec is pretty nice, I've been thinking about selling my 92FS to get one.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out KY Imports web site. The usually have some nice used 92FS's in there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys!  $547.22 and on the way!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i think i paid 589 for mine in aug of 01.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
IMO - I wouldnt pay over $400 on a used in good shape.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I wouldn't give 50 cents for one brand new in the box....worst gun I ever owned, not to mention the worst service out of a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't give 50 cents for one brand new in the box....worst gun I ever owned, not to mention the worst service out of a manufacturer.

I was working a gun show - I was a vendor.

Someone wanted $525 out of a beretta, factory chrome and wood box. $700 with 2 15 rounders.

2 weeks later I was reading the paper - Chrome 92FS, 2 15 rounders - $450.

Berettas just dont seem that appealing to me. Takedown is fairly simple, but the exposed barrel is not something I belive is a great idea. Besides, I like my glock better! :D
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well, hell, what did it do?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Berettas just dont seem that appealing to me. Takedown is fairly simple, but the exposed barrel is not something I belive is a great idea.

They didn't appeal to me until I bought my 92FS. IMO, the exposed barrel allows for better cooling. Unless I was slogging thru some Asian jungle, I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, hell, what did it do?

It would sling rounds ALL over the place. My dealer kept sending it back to Beretta, They Would send it back with a note saying they had found a "BURR" in the barrel, and that they had fixed the problem. This whole process would take 3-5 months each time that it happened.  Gun STILL no FIXEY. The gun was sent back for repair 3 or 4 times, always with the same results.....NOTHING. They would always claim that they had found a Burr in the barrel, That it had been fixed and test fired.

This effectively broke me from ever owning a 92FS, in fact it broke me from ever owning anything with Beretta stamped on the side of it. I wouldn't givbe 50 cents for ANY Beretta.
Not because I Got a LEMON, But Becasue of the attitude and Shitty Customer service of the folks that produce these things.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not because I Got a LEMON, But Becasue of the attitude and Shitty Customer service of the folks that produce these things.

From what I hear, if you want shitty CS, try out H&K.    

As for your accuracy problems, they all put out a lemon once in a while. My 92FS actually surprised me with its accuracy. Of course, my experience was much better than yours.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my 92FS, shoots straight and smooth and is completely reliable, never had a single problem with it. To each his own, I guess...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top