Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/15/2013 3:54:39 PM EDT
I picked up a slightly used S&W 640 the other day. It had the small Uncle Mike's grips on it, but they were pretty well scratched up. I put a pair of replacement Hogue's on it and then found the longer three finger Uncle Mike's on the EE.

The Hogue's are definitely smaller and will likely conceal better, but the Uncle Mike's feel so much better in the hand and is far more comfortable and controllable to shoot.

I'm curious what most of you use on your 640 and if anyone has issues concealing the longer grips?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:31:39 PM EDT
I've got 3 Centennials; a 042 ('92 production only, kinda rare) with the Hogues, my wife's 642 with the pink S&W grips (Hogue's?), and my 640. I've had both the Hogues and Uncle Mike's on my 640. If you shoot it a lot, use the Uncle Mike's. Now that I pretty much carry it 24/7, I keep the Hogue's on it and carry it in my right front pocket everywhere I go. Well, I have to lock it up in my truck in the parking lot at work, I can't take it inside. With the Uncle Mike's, it's a little harder to conceal, the tip of the grips want to peek out from front or rear pocket of jeans.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:45:36 AM EDT
Top Top