Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2008 10:47:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2008 4:39:51 PM EDT by Bittner182]
I am looking for a holster which will put the 92 in the middle of my back and canted at about 40 deg. It seems to be the most comfortable position for me, especailly when sitting down. It also hides the handgun the best on me. I tend to wear jeans and a tshirts the most, so IWB is a must.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 5:21:19 PM EDT
You must be the only guy *I* know who likes the SOB type of carry. I tried this ONCE & damn near broke my spine when I sat on a hard backed chair. Ouch!

Bianchi, Galco, Kramer, etc. all make SOB holsters. Hit their web sites & decide from there, IMO.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 6:22:51 PM EDT
Normally my M9 will ride in a drop leg or hip holster. But, while I am home it must be concealed. Where do you like to wear yours?

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 2:24:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bittner182:

Where do you like to wear yours?

I can personally attest to have making EVERY single mistake possible in learning CCW.

For a large framed gun, *I* have found two methods work for me: outside belt holster or fanny pack. If you do the belt hoster, wear a tee-shirt & then throw on a button-up shirt that is 1-2 sizes OVERSIZED in order to cover the gun should you kneel, bend over, squat, etc.

The biggest & probably hardest thing *I* had to learn with CCW was, NONE of one's current clothes will work (generally speaking). It takes pants 2-3 inches larger to easily fit an IWB holster & it takes a larger and/or longer shirt to cover the belt holsters.

Another method you might try is the shoulder holster style. This is much easier to sit down with as opposed to an IWB holster. A shoulder holster won't work with sweats, FWIW. If you already knew that, then sorry.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 3:30:32 PM EDT
Try the 4-5 o' clock with a crossbreed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 4:08:19 PM EDT
I could'nt find what I was looking for, so I made my own. I hit the jackpot on clothes. While at school I played football and weighed 205. After slimming down for OCS I now weigh 180. Hell, I weighed myself in the PX one day and I was 165. I am glad to be back to a normal weight. All my clothes are just a little big now. Perfect for hiding something!

Here is what I came up with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 10:52:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Where do you like to wear yours?

I can personally attest to have making EVERY single mistake possible in learning CCW.

For a large framed gun, *I* have found two methods work for me: outside belt holster or fanny pack. If you do the belt hoster, wear a tee-shirt & then throw on a button-up shirt that is 1-2 sizes OVERSIZED in order to cover the gun should you kneel, bend over, squat, etc.

The biggest & probably hardest thing *I* had to learn with CCW was, NONE of one's current clothes will work (generally speaking). It takes pants 2-3 inches larger to easily fit an IWB holster & it takes a larger and/or longer shirt to cover the belt holsters.

Another method you might try is the shoulder holster style. This is much easier to sit down with as opposed to an IWB holster. A shoulder holster won't work with sweats, FWIW. If you already knew that, then sorry.

That's because your generation has to have everything fit snug. Us youngsters buy everything a little loose. At least I do. I'm 36 years old. I have a feeling your were in your prime in the late 70's and 80's, am I correct? I always have to wear a belt or my pants would fall off. Then I lost 30 lbs and had to buy more clothes because I was totally swimming in my pants which were already too big. LOL!!!

To the OP. What kind of material did you use for that holster? It's interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 11:12:39 AM EDT
It is an old pair of jeans.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:33:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:

That's because your generation has to have everything fit snug. Us youngsters buy everything a little loose. At least I do. I'm 36 years old. I have a feeling your were in your prime in the late 70's and 80's, am I correct? I always have to wear a belt or my pants would fall off.

Yes, this is correct. My age (49) group don't wish to appear as being the prison slut, so we wear our pants to fit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:37:09 PM EDT
small of the back carry is asking for spinal injury
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 2:53:11 PM EDT
Spinal injury, really? It seems to be the most comfortable way for me to carry a firearm that large. I dont even notice it unless I back up against something hard like a wood chair.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 3:10:23 PM EDT

Spinal injury, really? It seems to be the most comfortable way for me to carry a firearm that large. I dont even notice it unless I back up against something hard like a wood chair.

Ever fall on your fanny? Now, imagine falling on your fanny & landing on an anvil!
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 3:16:37 PM EDT
None of the handgun sits below my ass crack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 3:48:02 PM EDT

None of the handgun sits below my ass crack.

Not literally on your fanny, anywhere on your back side.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 4:42:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:

That's because your generation has to have everything fit snug. Us youngsters buy everything a little loose. At least I do. I'm 36 years old. I have a feeling your were in your prime in the late 70's and 80's, am I correct? I always have to wear a belt or my pants would fall off.

Yes, this is correct. My age (49) group don't wish to appear as being the prison slut, so we wear our pants to fit.

Who you callin prison slut!!!!!! LOL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:29:05 PM EDT
I carry a 92S(yes 92S)and I bought a BIANCHI Model 6D – ATB™ Waistband holster and LOVE IT! It is thin and very comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:01:04 PM EDT

Ever fall on your fanny? Now, imagine falling on your fanny & landing on an anvil!

Thaw's what I tell a lot of the guys at work who for some reason always have the urge to put their cuffs directly over their spine. I keep EVERYTHING away from the center of my back except my latex glove pouch. I think SOB holsters are asking for spinal injuries, and if you'll notice most of the custom holster makers will have nothing to do with them.
Top Top