Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 12:14:02 PM EDT
I'm leaning towards a SS Custom Loaded full size...It will be my first 1911 and I want to do it right..What is the impression you have of this pistol??? It's NIB for $650...Any feed back would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on what you want. That is a very nice pistol btw and I think just about anyone would be happy with it. Has all of the normal upgrades that most people do.

I like my el cheapo Springfield GI as much as my decked out (to me) Kimber. The Kimber is smoother. I explained it to a relative, after inquiring why I spent so much on 1 pistol, by comparing it to cars. A cheap compact will drive across the country just fine and do it's job, but a $75k Mercedes will do the same thing just with a little more comfort, better features and some style thrown in.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You want every feature that comes on the TRP.  That was my first handgun and the only thing I'd do different is wait until I could afford two at the same time
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Good features for that price point.

Mainspring housing lock is easily changed.  Internal extractor = good.  No firing pin block = good.

SA's service and warranty are very good.

This gun should serve you well until/if you buy the next, nicer one (Baer, Wilson, Brown, custom).  1911s are addictive.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top