Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 11:45:23 AM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqyxP3_am3g

The description says it's a factory recoil spring.  So do you think it's just a really worn out spring or what?  I remember seeing a similar video of a guy essentially doing the same thing, a long time ago.  I can't find the video, though.  (But IIRC, he was an American, so that nullifies the guy's comment of "Only in the Philippines"  )

EDIT:  Here's the  other video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7stLQvsDX8&feature=related

Or do you just think it's BS and some sort of trickery going on?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:47:46 AM EDT
ND waiting to happen
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:39:49 PM EDT
This has been discussed to death, yes you can do it with a factory spring on the larger Glocks. It dangerous if your an idiot, also its a good way to hurt your elbow if not done correctly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:46:13 PM EDT
There was a thread floating around in the GD ( if I remember correctly) that showed that very video. Lots of people were trying to recreate it on their glocks but only a couple could get it to work..
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:46:56 PM EDT
Quoted:
ND waiting to happen

Quoted:
It dangerous if your an idiot

All practicality, etc, aside........why exactly is this dangerous or prone to cause an ND?  Assuming you keep your finger off the trigger, I see no difference between this and racking the slide normally.

Just for shits-n-giggles, I gave it a try with an empty G19 and no mag, but it didn't work.  One of the videos says it's only doable with the fullsize models because of the extra mass in the slide.  My girl caught me trying it and just went:, and walked away.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:05:48 PM EDT
If you're looking forward to blowing out your shoulder....keep practicing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:43:01 PM EDT
It is 100% possible, but it sure does hurt your arm and shoulder if you can't do it right.  I can't get it to work, but some of the locals can do it.  It takes good timing, and a good amount of strenght.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:46:26 PM EDT
I believe that the guy in the second video is a member here.

He has a bet for you if you think that it's fake
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:29:39 PM EDT
Quoted:
It is 100% possible, but it sure does hurt your arm and shoulder if you can't do it right.

Yeah, I quit after a few tries with my 19.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:07:54 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
ND waiting to happen

Quoted:
It dangerous if your an idiot

All practicality, etc, aside........why exactly is this dangerous or prone to cause an ND? Assuming you keep your finger off the trigger, I see no difference between this and racking the slide normally.

Just for shits-n-giggles, I gave it a try with an empty G19 and no mag, but it didn't work.  One of the videos says it's only doable with the fullsize models because of the extra mass in the slide.  My girl caught me trying it and just went:, and walked away.

there it is
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:07:47 PM EDT
I've see my friend do it with his stock G23. His video is on youtube somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:19:54 PM EDT
I used to could do it with my usp .45 that I traded, but I can't do it with any of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:50:22 AM EDT
Quoted:
I've see my friend do it with his stock G23. His video is on youtube somewhere.

Link?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:23:48 AM EDT
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.