Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 11:57:01 PM EDT
What do i do to a Gen 4 G19 to stop it from ejecting the brass onto my arm's.

Its quite hard to enjoy shooting it when every 2nd or 3rd peace of brass end up landing on my arm and burning the piss out of me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Replace the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Replace the recoil spring.
View Quote

On a brand new gun? FFS glock...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Glock.  Out of 100 rounds I occasionally have 2 pieces of spent brass hit my arm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]
How much have you shot it?

My Gen 4 19 was having some brass-to-face issues when it was new but now that it has had some usage that is gone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Check/replace the extractor assembly.

Shoot me a PM If you need help.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Google "Randy's dissertation on erratic ejection and extraction in the Gen 4 Glock 9mm pistol" and click the first link that comes up.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Replace the extractor with an apex extractor and make sure you have the newest ejector 30274...I have done this with all my Gen 3 9mm's..if you have a gen 4 then replace the extractor only with the Apex
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much have you shot it?

My Gen 4 19 was having some brass-to-face issues when it was new but now that it has had some usage that is gone.
View Quote

About 300 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a Gen3
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get a Gen3
View Quote

Helpful.

i guess i've been lucky so far, my gen4 hasnt had ejection issues. only about 100 rounds through it though. what a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Get a HK VP9.

Glock will never fix the problem as long as people keep buying their pistols.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I've dealt with quite a few issues with the Gen4s...

My 17 was an early model Gen4 that shipped with the 336 ejector.  I had a good bit of brass to the face and erratic ejection until i changed the 336 with a 30274 ejector...this was a high round-count gun...and did this throughout the life of the gun until the ejector was changed.  

My 19 is a much later model, and shipped with the 30274.  It doesn't eject far (brass lands around my right foot) but does eject without issues.  So far, zero issues with my 19.  

My 34 is getting up in round count (it's my USPSA gun, so it's at 20K rounds easy) and a month or so ago it started giving me shit with one-handed drills (brass dribbling out, ejecting right, left, straight up, ftf, stovepipes).  Ejection wasn't very forceful on my normal shooting either...spent brass was landing right in front of me, just dribbling out of the ejection port.  I bit the bullet and purchased an apex extractor and the ejection got much, MUCH better.  It still doesn't throw brass like a CZ but will put it in a consistent pattern of brass on the ground 3-4 feet from the guns 3-4 oclock.   It sucks that i had to purchase a $60 part to get a fix but i've got a lot invested in the 9mm glock platform and figured it would be cheaper to go that route than start over with another brand.  My loads are designed to be just over minimum PF for USPSA so i imagine a full power load would eject more forcefully than my comp loads.  I'll also add this gun DOES NOT like the 336 ejector at all.  I found this out swapping around trigger parts one day.  

Edit: Apex recommends the SP01176 spring loaded bearing along with their extractor.  My initial testing (a little over 700 rounds) showed it's not necessary to make the apex work well.  I have installed that part now and will be testing it this weekend.  The SP01176 appears to have a thicker head on it than the stock bearing and makes me believe it puts more tension on the extractor.  

Summary: make sure you have a 30274 ejector.  If you don't care to spend the cash, the apex extractor appears to be an effective solution for poor ejection from the gun...based on my sample size of 1.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What do i do to a Gen 4 G19 to stop it from ejecting the brass onto my arm's.
View Quote

Lock your elbows and wrists.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've dealt with quite a few issues with the Gen4s...

My 17 was an early model Gen4 that shipped with the 336 ejector.  I had a good bit of brass to the face and erratic ejection until i changed the 336 with a 30274 ejector...this was a high round-count gun...and did this throughout the life of the gun until the ejector was changed.  

My 19 is a much later model, and shipped with the 30274.  It doesn't eject far (brass lands around my right foot) but does eject without issues.  So far, zero issues with my 19.  

My 34 is getting up in round count (it's my USPSA gun, so it's at 20K rounds easy) and a month or so ago it started giving me shit with one-handed drills (brass dribbling out, ejecting right, left, straight up, ftf, stovepipes).  Ejection wasn't very forceful on my normal shooting either...spent brass was landing right in front of me, just dribbling out of the ejection port.  I bit the bullet and purchased an apex extractor and the ejection got much, MUCH better.  It still doesn't throw brass like a CZ but will put it in a consistent pattern of brass on the ground 3-4 feet from the guns 3-4 oclock.   It sucks that i had to purchase a $60 part to get a fix but i've got a lot invested in the 9mm glock platform and figured it would be cheaper to go that route than start over with another brand.  My loads are designed to be just over minimum PF for USPSA so i imagine a full power load would eject more forcefully than my comp loads.  I'll also add this gun DOES NOT like the 336 ejector at all.  I found this out swapping around trigger parts one day.  

Edit: Apex recommends the SP01176 spring loaded bearing along with their extractor.  My initial testing (a little over 700 rounds) showed it's not necessary to make the apex work well.  I have installed that part now and will be testing it this weekend.  The SP01176 appears to have a thicker head on it than the stock bearing and makes me believe it puts more tension on the extractor.  

Summary: make sure you have a 30274 ejector.  If you don't care to spend the cash, the apex extractor appears to be an effective solution for poor ejection from the gun...based on my sample size of 1.
View Quote

Did you install a lower powered recoil spring to match your barely over minium loads?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I have six 3rd Gen 9mm Glocks all with the Apex extractor and their spring. I also changed the ejector to the newer 30274 and have had zero issues now
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Get a Gen3
View Quote

Not like it would be any different.

As you can see here, my girlfriend demonstrating my gen 3 19 would shoot brass straight up and back down onto your head/arms.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top