Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 3:12:42 PM EDT
What are th things you don't like about these carbines?  What difficulty, if any, have you had?  What are the real world prices on these (new/used)?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What are th things you don't like about these carbines?  What difficulty, if any, have you had?  What are the real world prices on these (new/used)?

I wish the action locked back after the last round was fired. I also have to admit that the weapon doesn't feel really robust. That said though, I have several thousand rounds out of mine without any problems, and absolutely love it. The pros greatly outweigh the minor cons.

I bought two of them for ~300 bucks each, but that was a couple of years ago now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wish the action locked back after the last round was fired. I also have to admit that the weapon doesn't feel really robust. That said though, I have several thousand rounds out of mine without any problems, and absolutely love it. The pros greatly outweigh the minor cons.

I couldn't have put it better.

I will add that mounting optics can be... awkward.

I paid $320 (retail, out the door) for my SUB-2000 NIB in 2002 and $439.50  (wholesale, delivered from a distributor) for my wife's SUB-9 (the SUB2K's predecessor, more metal & less plastic but considerably more expensive) several years earlier.  Both have been great little carbines for us.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
straight blow back.  If your a lefty you get a face full of searing hot gas.  Understood a delayed blowback would cost more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
After shooting a friends I will add that it kicks HARD! I think it needs a nice piece of foam on the back of the stock!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After shooting a friends I will add that it kicks HARD! I think it needs a nice piece of foam on the back of the stock!

I'm not sure what your frame of reference is, but I find the recoil to be nominal, and both of my rather petite daughters say the sub is their favorate long arm due to the lack of recoil.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I just added that to mine, that tube would get so cold in the winter that my face would actually stick to it. I ended up getting some really thin foam rubber with an adhesive backing , cut it to fit and stuck it on. So far  it's 100% better.Got the stuff at Wal-Mart in the craft section.  I got to get some pic of my sub for posting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The biggest disadvantage are the poor quality sights. Particularly the red plastic front sight post cannot be seen well in low light. The sights are mounted to low, making it awkward to aim.
I have the version for the G17 mags and it is a nice plinker, I paid $200 for a barely used one and that's what it is worth to me.
If I would have to pay over $300 for it, I think I would rather save for an AR in 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top