Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:38:30 PM EDT
Hello, I just got my new glock 17 today. I took it to the range with my new Night Sights on it and it was very accurate. I shot about 200 rounds and not one jammed. First shot was direct hit in the 10 ring. So were most of the others. I had about 1 inch groupings. Anyway I was thinking about using Corbon 115gr+P. Is this a good choice in stopping power? Thanks

-Phil
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep my 17 and 26 loaded with Gold Dot.  I've tried various Win White Box HPs in the past and I thought they were ok, but I don't know about performance for self defense, which is why I switched to the GD.  Oh, and I got a good deal on a box of 200 too
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of the Ranger SXT.  I carry the SXT +P+ on duty.  This is a great 9mm round IMO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't care for Corbon, a while back they were having QC issues and don't like their brass cases.  Federal is the only maker I've seen let out a double charge and blow up guns, their early .40 brass was too weak too.   Any premium HP from a known maker besides Federal and Cor Bon will do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
For defensive purposes I've run Federal Hydra-shok 135gr JHP, Winchester STX 147gr JHP, and Carbon Pow'R Ball 100gr +p in my G19 & G17.  For general practice ammo I've run WWB, UMC, PMC, Wolf, Speer Lawman & Magtech, both Glocks seems to ate every thing I feed them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top