Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2014 5:40:47 PM EDT
I've been carrying a glock 42 as my primary carry IWB. I switch between aiwb and 3-5. I've been wanting to try owb concealed, maybe with a glock 19 or something. I generally wear t-shirts all year, and a jacket or fleece when needed. What's a good owb holster that conceals fairly well? I like kydex or maybe leather. And maybe something higher riding to conceal better?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Winthrop leather OWB for my Shield. it hides well, I think because the rake is more than usual.
it  looks like maybe 25 degrees or so.
For my G19, believe it or not, the Glock Sport Holster works very well, it holds close and tight. Maybe try it
first, and if you dont like it, big deal, its like $14 on Amazon.
The Winthrop is on Amazon too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Before I went solely to IWB I used to carry a Colt Commander OWB in a Milt Sparks 55BN.

It holds the pistol firmly into your body and is easy to conceal with a loose shirt or T shirt.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm wearing a Bianchi Remedy with my full size M&P 9.  Just got it for Christmas, so far so good.  Kydek reinforced leather.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like cook's holsters so I was thinking of trying this. Thoughts?

http://www.cooksholsters.com/comfort-series-owb-iwb-holster/
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Alessi CQC/S

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
DeSantis for my Keltec P11, Clament's Custom Leather for my SR9c & SR45.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a good pancake holster by Don Hume.  It does a fantastic job of holding my S&W 1076 in tight at my side.  

Pretty much any of the big names' pancake style works great.  I have some for open carry (thumb break) and some for concealed carry of my 1911s or the 1076.  I really need to find one for the little XDs too.

I also like cross-draw carry as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a G19 in a Raven Phantom OWB under an untucked t-shirt or Polo.

The holster is very thin and keeps the gun tucked in very close for an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The holster is very thin and keeps the gun tucked in very close for an OWB holster.
View Quote

Yep. Throw on some pancake wings and it really disappears.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a big fan of the X Comcealment "C" holster for OWB.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Raven Concealment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Ive got several IWB and OWB holsters from Black Point Tactical and they do the trick. Give them the ole Google-roo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Leather is more comfortable to me. I've had a few Kydex (Raven, Bravo, OTG, etc) and keep coming back to my Tucker and Byrd pancake.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Dark Star Gear.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll throw Liion out there.   Don't have one but they looked interesting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, but with a Glock 22
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Glock Sport Combat holster FTMFW
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a DeSantis and just started with a Blackhawk. I carry a G19 every day.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.
View Quote

Raven makes a good holster but it is worn best at the 4:00 position where it sits flattest against the body. I tried it at 3:00 and it just stuck out too much. JM Custom kydex hugs the body more closely than the Raven, but you are looking at a 8-9 week wait for one versus a week for a quick-ship Raven.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Raven makes a good holster but it is worn best at the 4:00 position where it sits flattest against the body. I tried it at 3:00 and it just stuck out too much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Raven Concealment.

Raven makes a good holster but it is worn best at the 4:00 position where it sits flattest against the body. I tried it at 3:00 and it just stuck out too much.

Holsters are extremely personal. I am the opposite of you--I can't stand the 4:00 position, but 3:00 is perfect.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Holsters are extremely personal. I am the opposite of you--I can't stand the 4:00 position, but 3:00 is perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raven Concealment.

I don't care for 4:00 either or anything behind the hip for that matter. It prints terribly on me and my shirt always hangs up, but the weather is colder so I can throw on a jacket to aid in concealment. 4:00 doesn't bulge as much as 3:00 on me, though. Appendix position is my preferred. I just don't have a holster for IWB at this time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Appendix position is my preferred.
View Quote

Another excellent example of how personal holster carriage can be. A lot of people, including some training partners of mine, swear by appendix carry, but I personally can't stand it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Another excellent example of how personal holster carriage can be. A lot of people, including some training partners of mine, swear by appendix carry, but I personally can't stand it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appendix position is my preferred.

+1 Lots of fans out there of appendix carry. I've tried it so many times and just completely hate it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I am 5'10" with a 29" inseam (I think it's more like 28"!).  I don't think I could possibly comfortably sit down with something rigid stuck down there hitting me in the leg or somewhere worse.

The COOKS is pretty good--I have the "wings" on mine; it's held much closer against my body than the blackpoint tactical with leather wings (but I'm upside down pear shaped).  The Raven's aren't bad, but aren't quite as good as the Cooks.  My second favorite OWB is a Gideon Elite holster by Dale Fricke--I use it the most in classes (but I think x-concealment's GEN2 "C" SERIES COMPACT OWB is cheaper and will hold close to the body).

Because of my big belly and lack of any waist or butt, I didn't think IWB was possible--but so far, the RM Holsters "low rider" has been great--though I do wish it held the gun up another 1/2"-1" higher (but who knows if I'd love it as much).  It's nice not worrying about the bottom of the holster not being visible.
It's all I use now, so I sold the blackpoint and may sell the raven (but it's the only holster I have that fits a TLR, so I doubt it), and the cooks (though it was my favorite of the 4 or 5 OWBs I tried).  Note:  I DO think the Cooks OWB comfort carry worked even a bit better with the SHIELD than the G19--I even kept my old one in case I get another SHIELD down the road.

In the end, I think you just have to buy like 4-6 and figure out what works best for you.
I'm about to buy 2-3 more IWBs to try out based on people's recommendations now that I know it IS possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top