Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 1:57:28 PM EDT
I'm going to be buying a new handgun within the next month or so and I am a little confused on which one. I already have a XD45 Tactical and a 1911. I am primarily going to use this for CCW and home defense. I Would prefer something in a 9mm or 45cal. Another consideration is the availability of good mags.  As you notice I am not An expert in these things but thats why I am here.  Thank You
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
G19

mags/parts/accessories available and cheap anywhere, perfect size for CCW or duty, KISS, on the budget priced
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
G19

mags/parts/accessories available and cheap anywhere, perfect size for CCW or duty, KISS, on the budget priced

Or a Glock 26...can't go wrong either way..

fred
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, since you already have a couple of .45s, why not a nine?

Unless you're one of those "caliber consolidation" nutcases.

I'd look at -

G19 (truly one of the most versatile handguns ever made)
CZ-75 compact (same as above)
CZ-75
Browning Hi Power (kind of a cross between the CZ-75 and the 1911)

May also look at a revolver if they interest you.

A 4" barreled .357 has been on my "long list" for some time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
i suggest trying another plastic one.   the m&p    perhaps  

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
haveAm surprised nobody out there mentioning Beretta
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top