Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 11:57:00 AM EDT
The internal work was done back awhile ago by Geoff Beneze.  He finished it in Moly which wares so quickly I had it refinished by Virgil Tripp.

http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17280

The lines you see are not scratches but are just Militec-1
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Are those the original EG grips on it?

Looks good.  Makes me want to buy another Makarov just to customize.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No...It started w/ those crappy brown grips.  I went with these when I decided that the Pearce grips were needlessly bulky for a carry gun.

These are some cheapies from www.makarov.com
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That's teh exact situation I have.  My Bulgy has red star grips someone threw on and I looked at the Pearce and it just struck me as too thick for what I wanted.

I'll check out Makarov.com, thanks.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sweet.  I may have to pick up another Bulgy and get the same treatment.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It's still the best pointing gun I have.  I got a cz-83 in 9mm Mak yesterday, the Old EGMak still  points better.

I've already put the cz up for trade, unfired.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's the exact situation I have.  My Bulgy has red star grips someone threw on and I looked at the Pearce and it just struck me as too thick for what I wanted.

Ross

If you want great grips somewhat like the Pearce but not a bulky go to Makarov.com and get a set of makawrap grips. THEN cut off the front finger groves and it will leave you with a left and right side grip. The back of these grips where the screw goes through already mesh's together pretty well. What you want to do is carefully glue the to pieces together to include the Rubber the meets up in the back. Let ST sit overnight and you will have the best set of grips money can buy for your mak.

http://mail.chartermi.net/~grey9551/chromeeg.jpg

Gary
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's the exact situation I have.  My Bulgy has red star grips someone threw on and I looked at the Pearce and it just struck me as too thick for what I wanted.

Ross

If you want great grips somewhat like the Pearce but not a bulky go to Makarov.com and get a set of makawrap grips. THEN cut off the front finger groves and it will leave you with a left and right side grip. The back of these grips where the screw goes through already mesh's together pretty well. What you want to do is carefully glue the to pieces together to include the Rubber the meets up in the back. Let ST sit overnight and you will have the best set of grips money can buy for your mak.

mail.chartermi.net/~grey9551/chromeeg.jpg

Gary

Who chromed your mak? It looks just like mine!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Stevan,

I Bought this gun already chromed but, I am sure Tripp did it. It has a few sposts that are wearing so I want to get it rechromed soon,

Gary
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi Gary,

Virgil Tripp is only doing warantee work these days.  I hope he did it so you can get him to fix it for free!

s
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
W-W,

Virgil is going to do the work for me I am sending it to him tomorrow. I even told him I had purchased it from someelse who had virgil do the work. He said that was fine and to send it out.

Gary
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup,

He'll continue to stand behind his work-I like that man and the way he operates.  I'm considering a used STI.  The only reason is Virgil is the T in the STI.

w-w
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top