Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:20:25 PM EDT
I just purchased a glock 19 for CCW and would like some ITW holster suggestions, I like to carry @3:00 and would like something that pulls the grip in close to my side.

Thanks

Tom
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I use this one

It holds the pistol close to my side, and the tighter I make my belt the tighter it holds it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
i carry a 23 which is the same size and i carry it in a milt sparks vmII
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Threat solutions.  

www.threatsolutions.com

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Comp-Tac C-Tac slide for my 19. Very comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Threat solutions.  

www.threatsolutions.com

www.threatsolutions.com/glock35.jpg

Me too. The UCR is the best IWB on the market.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the Comp-Tac C-Tac slide for my 19. Very comfortable.

+1

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Kramer IWB2
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replys. I think I will give the UCR a try.

Tom
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Threat solutions.  

www.threatsolutions.com

+1, although I haven't tried the DeSantis copy of it (Scorpion.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I carried my G19 in a Comp-Tac CTAC for two years but now I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had a C-tac for a couple of months now, and I'm starting to find issues with it. I may buy a UCR and try it out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Threat solutions.  

www.threatsolutions.com

+1, although I haven't tried the DeSantis copy of it (Scorpion.)

Been trying the past 2 days to get in contact with TSC and CGR (email and phone) with no answer. Got tired of that so I ordered the DeSantis copy. It should be here alot sooner too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
i have tried the Comptac Gukura for the G17--its not that bad

have not tried the CTAC yet

i use the UCR for my G29

now that i finally got my own G19, i have to decide also.....

+1 on no response from UCR via EM

i'll either opt for the CTAC or the scorpion myself--either would be fine imo
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
G19 in a Milt Sparks Watch 6.  IMO Milt makes by far the best holsters, check them out I'm sure you will find one you like
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Milt Sparks SSII
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Try Andrews Custom Leather out of Florida!

I have the MacDaniel II that fits my Glock 19,23,27,33 and 32, I also have one for my Sig 220 & 245.

You can adjust them whatever angle you prefer!

If you like them I have an extra MacDaniel II w/body shield & extra belt loop for a Glock 19 in black with a matching mag pouch I'd make you a good deal on?

click here

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i have tried the Comptac Gukura for the G17--its not that bad

have not tried the CTAC yet

i use the UCR for my G29

now that i finally got my own G19, i have to decide also.....

+1 on no response from UCR via EM

i'll either opt for the CTAC or the scorpion myself--either would be fine imo

Finally got an email reply back yesterday afternoon.

From Dave at Threat Solutions:

"Currently I’m running at least a 4 month backorder from receipt of payment."

I really want to support the small business over large business when I can. Problem is I don't have a holster and need one now. After seeing the UCR or Scorpion type holsters no other type of holster looks nearly as comfortable to me. Well the Scorpion copy should be shipping out tomorrow. I got a UPS billing reciept today. It came out to $68 shipped ground UPS to my door. Should have it before this time next week. If you want some feedback on the scorpion you can send me an email and I'll let you know if I forget to follow up on the forums.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I got the Desnatis Scorpion holster today. The inside of the holster that makes contact with the body is not as smooth as the UCR. There is a definate outline of the pistol on the inside of the holster. I guess one of the compromises for having a UCR copy and having it delivered in about a week vs. the 4+ month wait time on the UCR.  That was my first concern. I first tried it close to the 3 o'clock position for better concealment but the barrel end digs into my hip. However, I have been wearing it for the past 4 hours at the 4 o'clock position and it has been very comfortable! Just now worried about some possible minor printing issues. I can kinda see it but you have to know where it is and be looking for it. I'll see if I can get some pictures up in a few minutes.

ETA: I noticed that the clips are removable via star wrench on the Desantis Scorpion holster. Definately a plus over the UCR. I have heard reports that the UCR clips tend to break. Problem for the UCR is the clips are integral, so if one breaks the whole holster has to be replaced.

The scorpion seems to be very solid. No possible concern with the with the pistol coming loose or  falling out with any type of activity. Draw and rehostering is also nice and easy.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#19]

+1 on Milt Sparks Watch 6 or VMII
-1 for the wait on one of these

+1 for threat solutions

both of these are very good choices and very very comfortable
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Andrews Custom Leather/MacDaniel II

teamroper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top