Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:41:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/19/2007 8:43:23 PM EST by AR15Texan]
Need a good pocket holster.
Need the belt clip.
Need extra magazines, are there extended magazines available.
Need good carry ammo.
Need a brass jag too.

Make your suggestions please. Where to buy and how much cost?

Update:
Bought the DeSantis Nemesis holster, a couple of boxes of 20-count CorBon DPX 80-grain ammunition, and a Tipton 12-pc brass jag set.

Where can I purchase the Clip Draw and extended magazine?

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:47:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:58:12 PM EST
I use some offbrand nylon disaster that's square, hides well in back or cargo pocket, and fits it like a glove (after a few months). I think they are $7 at the gunshow so I got 2 in case they work (and they do...)

I run standard ball ammo. I'm sure there are some better defense loads, but I have had a few minor issues with HP in that gun, and minor issues suck when you are already undergunned.

The next thing you will prob need is the PF9 to keep it company
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:03:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
The BEST pocket holsters you'll find anywhere

WOW some very nice rigs there. I might have to re-build that giant pile of holsters I sold off over the years...

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:22:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By AR15Texan:
Need a good pocket holster. I have a DeSantis Nemesis. To each his own.
Need the belt clip. Order it.
Need extra magazines, are there extended magazines available. Order it. If you want the finest finger extension for the P3AT without the need/desire for the extra round then order the Bersa .380 finger extension. It requires no fiddling for fit, just slip it on like Kel-Tec made it.
Need good carry ammon. The best hands down, with no one being close is CorBon's DPX. Anyone that says different is ignorant of the facts or a liar. Any of the rabid super-esoteric fodder is not included. I have bought some but haven't had time to shoot a pot-roast or ferral hog, yet.
Need a brass jag too. No you don't. You just wrap a cut to size patch around a Pro-Shot .35 cal. brush and have at it. Best da-da-damn way to flood or dry your bore with/of solvent.

Make your suggestions please. Where to buy and how much cost?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:05:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/2/2007 11:06:11 AM EST by AR15Texan]

Need a good pocket holster. I have a DeSantis Nemesis. To each his own.
Need the belt clip. Order it. Yes, where? Direct from Kel-Tec?
Need extra magazines, are there extended magazines available. Order it. If you want the finest finger extension for the P3AT without the need/desire for the extra round then order the Bersa .380 finger extension. It requires no fiddling for fit, just slip it on like Kel-Tec made it.Ok I see a Bersa model and a Kel-Tec model, are they actually the same thing? Where should I order from?

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:13:54 AM EST
When dressed like a human I have my P3AT inside my left front pocket of whatever pants I'm wearing inside a DeSantis Nemesis holster. (So that I can draw and fire should my right arm not be able to grab whichever primary firearm is on my strong side)

When wearing light shorts around the house I wear the P3AT on me with a ClipDraw.

It's a very light gun and hell, I can wear it around with just a pair of underwear on.

(when using Clip Draw I almost exclusively wear it on my side so as to avoid any possible "OMFG ARFCOM I JUST SHOT MY COCK OFF WHAT SHOULD I DO?" threads)

Link Posted: 12/19/2007 8:44:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 6:58:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/27/2007 6:59:25 AM EST by brushdog]

Originally Posted By TheNorm:
I use some offbrand nylon disaster that's square, hides well in back or cargo pocket, and fits it like a glove (after a few months). I think they are $7 at the gunshow so I got 2 in case they work (and they do...)
~SNIP~

I bought one of those nylon holsters too. It's extremely hot most of the year where I live, so I wear shorts or docker/cargo pants most of the year. The nylon holster works well with but I've manage to get the magazine released while sitting (driving) for long periods of time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 7:47:51 AM EST
GET THE CLIP!

Even in boxers and flip flops when i take the dog out to shit... I carry the mouse gun on the clip...

I do not carry with the clip when nude.

I choose not to include pics of my nude carry technique... (the world may not be ready for that)
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 5:17:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By PITSNIPE:
GET THE CLIP!

Even in boxers and flip flops when i take the dog out to shit... I carry the mouse gun on the clip...

I choose not to include pics of my nude carry technique... (the world may not be ready for that)

LOL
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 7:24:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By PITSNIPE:
GET THE CLIP!

the clip looks shitty and cheap, and too thin. I can't decide to get one, I'm really on the fence about it. Do you really like it that much? when it attaches, does it touch the aluminum block? or is it just touching the plastic lower to keep it from rotating?
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 7:36:15 PM EST
These are nice...look just like a wallet in your back pocket.

Link Posted: 1/3/2008 8:12:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By WildWilli:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/rraaaa/p3at.jpg

I was pretty sure those were considered AOW (guns with wallet holsters)
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 8:56:34 PM EST
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 9:06:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By niceguymr:

I was pretty sure those were considered AOW (guns with wallet holsters)

I *think* that it's not an AOW if the slide is exposed like that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 10:36:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/4/2008 10:59:53 AM EST by niceguymr]

Nope.

See page 12 of this document...

www.atf.gov/docs/Identification_of_Firearms_pt2.pdf

"holster has hole to fire weapon" makes it an AOW. I'd be careful about posting that picture. The holster alone is legal, but once you put the gun in it you have an AOW.

There are various other letters from the ATF and whatnot floating around the internet that address this question. I have never seen anything that distinguishes having the slide exposed as not qualifying as an AOW. Interestingly, you can buy the holsters legally. It only becomes illegal when you put a gun inside of it.

ETA: It's only a $5 transfer tax. A cheap price to pay to cover you ass.

ETA2: I distinctly recall reading an official ATF document some time ago that desribed and illegal wallet holster to be a holster which has a hole in it used to pull the trigger without removing the gun from the holster. I'm sure if I searched around enough that I could find the source.

ETA3: Here's one more source www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/atf_letter19.txt

Honestly, I'd hate to be in your situation if you were wrong and found out the hard way.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 11:06:31 AM EST
I understand and appreciate your concern however this particular wallet holster was submitted to BATF with 2 others for clarification. Here is the response from BATF

The one shown above is "exhibit 1"

It basically hinges on the fact that it does not conceal the appearance of the pistol. It looks like a pistol in a piece of leather and not a wallet that goes boom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 11:16:59 AM EST

Where did you get this holster?

I would not mind getting the same rig myself for my P3AT.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 11:31:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/4/2008 11:35:42 AM EST by WildWilli]
I never actually said I had one.

However, I have seen them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 12:47:12 PM EST

I understand and appreciate your concern however this particular wallet holster was submitted to BATF with 2 others for clarification. Here is the response from BATF

The one shown above is "exhibit 1"

img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/rraaaa/wallet1.jpg

It basically hinges on the fact that it does not conceal the appearance of the pistol. It looks like a pistol in a piece of leather and not a wallet that goes boom.

That's good enough for me. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 1:33:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Odingaard:

Where did you get this holster?

I would not mind getting the same rig myself for my P3AT.

I saw it in Guns magazine last month.

https://www.pagerpal.com/wallet.asp
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 4:06:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 3:12:30 PM EST
Ya know I had a 32 when KT first came out with the hard chrome barrels and slides and I have numerous other pistols ALL with multiple mags but this was one pistol that I never had a spare mag for ..... I ne ver felt like I needed a spare mag for a pocket pistol such as that one ... if the SHTF and I really needed to pull that pistol out the 8 fast brothers (call them all whatever brand ammo that you carry) that it holds I felt would be plenty enough to do what ever I needed them to do without the need for 7 more fast brothers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:07:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2008 4:11:01 PM EST by riese]
Supposed to be an IM. oops.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:47:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:
Ya know I had a 32 when KT first came out with the hard chrome barrels and slides and I have numerous other pistols ALL with multiple mags but this was one pistol that I never had a spare mag for ..... I ne ver felt like I needed a spare mag for a pocket pistol such as that one ... if the SHTF and I really needed to pull that pistol out the 8 fast brothers (call them all whatever brand ammo that you carry) that it holds I felt would be plenty enough to do what ever I needed them to do without the need for 7 more fast brothers.

I saw a surveillance video of a SD shooting in a motel lobby - it has floated around the forums - which changed my viewpoint on this. After the shooting stopped, the motel clerk was pacing around with his empty/near empty Glock, waiting for what had to be a very long few minutes for law enforcement to arrive. A tactical reload of a pocket pistol at bad breath range does seem unlikely. But I would hate to have the bad guy's buddy arrive after the first round had ended. I try an carry a spare mag as much as I can now. Something to think about...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:59:20 PM EST
ost
Top Top