Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 6:07:27 PM EDT
I have been banned from 1911forum.com.

And why you ask, what could I have done to deserve this?

I presented a case of very poor customer service of the moderator's favorite gun.

So I was booted.

I guess as long as you praise his beloved Wilson you can stay, but if you report problems you must go!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If your posting was anything like this little gem, I can understand their point.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=4588&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I got booted from there too. I was defending a knife manufacturer that was getting ripped.

I could care less. That site has Nazi moderators.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Jon, yeah... sounds like a little much for a wait on a pistol.  I would have just cancelled the order, gotten my cheese back, and gotten something else.  I wouldn't have liked having been told 10 weeks, when it in truth was 6 months+, but maybe whoever told you AT THE TIME, didn't know of the longer delay.  If they did, shame on them.

But then again, I'd just cancel the order and get my money back.  

(BTW, that Thompson runs great!)
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Wonder what he would do if I told him Glock was superior to 1911's...lol  ..Took out 3 of them fancy STI's with my G-21 at a USPSA match:)
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wonder what he would do if I told him Glock was superior to 1911's...lol  ..Took out 3 of them fancy STI's with my G-21 at a USPSA match:)

Operator seems to matter more than the brand pistol at the matches I go to.

Good job
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL baddog,
 In a round about way thats what I was trying to say. Them fancy pistols are not worth their money if you cant hit with them. Just because you have a $2000 dollar gun doesnt mean your going to shoot like Rob Leatham. lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
So now you had problems with the Wilson you bought or did you just take the whining over there after not getting the response you wanted here?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I got booted from over there for posting that I thought the board was over-moderated. They're a little itchy on the trigger finger. Sure, a board owner has the right to lock threads or boot anybody they want. It's their board. But, what's the point of having a discussion board if you're going to be childish about it and slam the door on discussion? Granted, you have to step in when (or before) things get ugly, but disagreeing and arguing are not in themselves undesirable - it's called debate when done properly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
When Wilson Combat is good, they're really good.  When they're bad, they're -really, really- bad.  I'm in the camp that had a bad experience (much worse than Ad's), but I've about got it out of my system.  For a -real- custom, it's understandable when life attacks and things get delayed.  When you've got a production line making so-called custom guns, well... there was no excuse for this, and though Ad may have indeed overreacted, he has a right to react.  
Coincidentally, I stopped participating in the 1911forum about the time someone got his panties in a wad and booted Dane Burns and DesertDog, cuz I thought it was silly (and, I was just plain getting fed up with the place anyway, buncha prudes, some of 'em.)

XH1927
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top