Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 6:03:23 PM EDT
Well, Should I buy a 21MBS to carry if I don't want to modify it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What is that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is that?

I think he is talking about a Gen 4. I'm assuming "MBS" is Modular Back Strap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The only 'modification' I've done to my Gen 4 G17 is a lighter firing pin block and new sights.
I did get a new LWD extractor because of some FTEs that cropped up. But I call that fixing and not modification.

I'm not sure if the Gen4 G21s have been having extractor issues or not. You mostly hear about the new MIM extractor issue in current Gen4 and just purchased Gen3 9mm.

So ... I'd wait for more data if you are wanting a guaranteed sowing machine out of the box.
If you can stomach some basic parts swapping and you need the features the Gen4s offer (have a small hand or big hand) I'd say go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top