Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:45:44 PM EDT
Oct 24 is almost here and I'll finally be 21 I need to start buying mags and other addons for my collection that is waiting for me at the local pawn shop.

Colt Delta Elite 10mm
G17
Walther P1
AMT Automag II

My question is what should I be buying for my soon to be children?
I know I need mags and ammo.

What about holsters?

Help a brother out
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:39:53 AM EDT
First, a nice Chiffon dress, matching pumps and a quality purse. Well, that's what I would buy.....but it has been reported by some folks that I am insane......

Try some good hip leather and a good gun belt.....to me that is the most important "first" accessory.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:08:27 AM EDT
Buy mags and ammo like they're being given away. I am trying to get as many mags as possible just in case another AWB comes along and drives the prices back up.

I only have about fifteen AR mags and that isn't nearly enough. I keep getting new guns and have to stock up on mags for them until I can get back around to the AR mags.

As far as holsters, check out the websites of Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, and Galco. I think the Mitch Rosen holsters are the most expensive, but from what I've read they're worth it. I have ordered a Galco Combat Master for my now-out-of-commision Glock 23 but haven't gotten it yet so I can't say whether or not you should try that model.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:57:04 PM EDT
Well I can now add a Steyr SPP on the list of stuff to buy for....damn evil pawn shops

Anyone know where I can get a sling
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:59:40 PM EDT
Do not buy a holster of any kind without a quality belt. Happy birthday!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:53:37 PM EDT
The first and foremost thing is training, quality training. Research all you can on the various pistol courses/schools available to the private citizen. Find the best you can afford and make a commitment to attending training at that school.

Training is invaluble, it is money invested, not spent.

Tune-up the shooter, before tuning-up the gun...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:04:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mo4040:
The first and foremost thing is training, quality training. Research all you can on the various pistol courses/schools available to the private citizen. Find the best you can afford and make a commitment to attending training at that school.

Training is invaluble, it is money invested, not spent.

Tune-up the shooter, before tuning-up the gun...

Thanks I need it. My favorite shop offers training classes I think, not sure though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:40:25 AM EDT
1. Lots of mags
2. A holster that you can actualy check out and see if you like it.
3. Training
4. Lots of ammo
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:56:43 AM EDT
way ahead of you

got all of the mags, ammo, and holsters i need (not really) for a 1911(800 rnds, 23 mags) and a glock 19 (1400rnds, 8 33rnd mags and 10 17rnd mags) in 2 weeks

try out comptac's kydex holsters--i have one for my G29 and its nice

stay away from nylon holsters; i dont like leather that much, so i cant recommed em either--kydex is the way to go imo

you need ammo and lots of it--mags too (check the EE for great deals, look up ''Spec-Ops''--a member here who i got great deal on mags from; also kblagg for deals on mags)

+1 on the training

get a good belt--i use a uncle mike's insturctor's belt--its ok (but i like my eagle one better), but i want to try out the wilderness' belt

as to ammo--winchester and speer gold dots seem to be the regulars, i use the win silvertips in my 10mm and they say that double taps are good....

Top Top