Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:03:34 PM EDT
Since i'm in FL and i carry daily, i have an issue with my cover garment blowing open. I was curious as to whether or not any has had their cover garments altered to help prevent this. This is what i'm thinking.

If i can locate a tailor in the area i'm thinking of having them sew a piece of heavy canvas or something similar to the waist line of the shirt. Has anyone done this or tried anything like it? Ideas or opinions?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a real interesting idea.  I normally wear t-shirts, and get my arm ready to hold it down when I feel a breeze coming.

Tag for informational purposes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a couple of s/s camp shirts I had rehemmed with lead sinkers to wear as cover garments.  They worked well, save for the fact that the lightweight material they were made of didn't take to the extra weight and wore through quickly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I normally just carried a couple of rounds in the hand pockets of the vest or suitcoat I was wearing.

What is your cover garment?  Photo vest or aloha shirts were what I used in hot climates, or a fanny pack if it was too warm.

Edited to add:  I have the lining of my suitcoats upgraded with a bit of light suede installed where the butt of the pistol would rub.  It lessens the outline a little, and keeps the lining from tearing.

Being as its hot as hell in FL most of the year, i generally wear a light weight to medium wieght overshirt. Short sleeve of long sleeve doesnt matter. I can understand that the extra weight may cause the fabric to wear quicker, but it's almost worth trying.

I find it suspicious to see an inidivual grab his shirt whe na gust of wind comes up, this is my main reason for thinking of finding a remedy for this problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top