Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2016 7:27:20 PM EDT
I got my sp-01 this week and when I field stripped it I noticed the barrel had some wear marks and the feed ramp had some brass on it. Also, the part of the slide that the bullet rim sits on did not have any finish on it, it was bare steel.

Also, is there a correlation between the factory target grouping and actual performance of the pistol?

Do they shoot it on a rest or is it a function test?

Was anybody's factory target grouping poor but when they shot their gun it shot great?

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post some pics of the areas of concern?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
CZ pistols are test fired at the factory.  Mine came with a target printout showing the impact pattern from 5 rounds along with date, time, ammunition type, serial number and other pistol-specific data.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds normal.  Mine I easily out shot the factory target.  I think they just test fire them without trying to be precise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, the wear is fine. Mine looked the same NIB.

The first time I shot mine I couldn't hit worth a dern with it.  Sandbagged it at 25 yards and it shot little tiny groups, so it was me.  Put the gun down for a couple of weeks, came back to it and now it's my favorite shooter.  I shoot it better than my MK-25, any of my Berettas, or even my other CZ-75.

I can't explain my performance with it, maybe been shooting Glocks too long.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are the pics. Have not fired a shot.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I see nothing abnormal.  Metal parts are gonna come in contact with each other.  They have to, in order for the gun to work.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks normal to me..... I would put a thin film of grease or lube on the lugs of the barrel they look very dry.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Why is your barrel black? Mine is not. I don't think I've seen an sp-01 with a black barrel. That's odd even though there's nothing wrong with it
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is your barrel black? Mine is not. I don't think I've seen an sp-01 with a black barrel. That's odd even though there's nothing wrong with it
View Quote

Don't know. FFL shipped it to me from Rhode Island and said it was new in box. They have 2,200+ positive reviews on gunbroker and were great to work with.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks normal to me..... I would put a thin film of grease or lube on the lugs of the barrel they look very dry.
View Quote

I have some Hornady One Shot TAP on it.

Best Lubes 46 tested

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey, the wear is fine. Mine looked the same NIB.

The first time I shot mine I couldn't hit worth a dern with it.  Sandbagged it at 25 yards and it shot little tiny groups, so it was me.  Put the gun down for a couple of weeks, came back to it and now it's my favorite shooter.  I shoot it better than my MK-25, any of my Berettas, or even my other CZ-75.

I can't explain my performance with it, maybe been shooting Glocks too long.
View Quote

So 5 test rounds can cause that much wear?

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Best Lubes 46 tested

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Lubes 46 tested

I use this.... I got tired of the lube running off.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
My SP01 has a black barrel and it had similar wear when shipped.  On a CZ forum the test target methodology has come up before.  The pistols are fired with the front of the pistol on a rest and fired by hand.  but it is not secured in a mechanical test.  it is mostly a function test and to confirm that sights are set close to point of impact.   Sometimes they rush, some times they take their time.  My pistol outshoots the test target.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, thanks for your responses.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My SP01 has a black barrel and it had similar wear when shipped.  On a CZ forum the test target methodology has come up before.  The pistols are fired with the front of the pistol on a rest and fired by hand.  but it is not secured in a mechanical test.  it is mostly a function test and to confirm that sights are set close to point of impact.   Sometimes they rush, some times they take their time.  My pistol outshoots the test target.
View Quote

My SP-01 has a black barrel,but my CZ-75 Police has a steel "in the white" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Agreed with previous posters just bought a brand new SP01 this weekend it had a black barrel and looks identical to my 75BD barrel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't know. FFL shipped it to me from Rhode Island and said it was new in box. They have 2,200+ positive reviews on gunbroker and were great to work with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two barrel colors is a common variation with CZ it seems.  My P-01 has a black barrel.  Two P-01's at the last gun show had silver barrels, CZ75D compact markings on the slide and no NSN number.  

Based on the CZ USA FAQ it explains these variations:
Q: “My buddy’s gun says PCR (or P-01) on the slide, but mine says 75 Compact D. What gives?”

A: The factory has multiple designations for the same model, depending on where it’s intended to be sold in the world. High demand here in the US means we’ll take any overruns from other markets we can get our hands on. They might have different markings on them, but they’re the same gun.

I would bet that barrel color is also one of these variations that is based on the market location and what CZ USA can get ahold of.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Best Lubes 46 tested

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Lubes 46 tested

I use Mobile 1 Synthetic.  I shoot competitivly and have put over 20k rounds through my CZ-75 Tac II in the past year.  No issues.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I use Mobile 1 Synthetic.  I shoot competitivly and have put over 20k rounds through my CZ-75 Tac II in the past year.  No issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Lubes 46 tested

I used to as well just got tired of it running off or oozing everywhere.  I use Mobil 1 syn bearing grease and it works great and stays put.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Every CZ I've owned new looked like they had been fired and that's because they were at the factory.
  CZ pistols a crazy acurate,reliable ans feel great in your hand.
However beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Some guys can't get over the machine marks and powder coat like finish.
 For them there are higher end CZ pistols Sig,Sphinx etc etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top