Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/16/2017 9:50:36 AM EDT
So I've had 3 Glocks....

One of them came with an 8lb trigger that was way gritty (was new not used)

All properly oiled etc

It was hard to find the cause but it SEEMED that ther was a serious pinch and friction going on where the plastic frame rubs against the trigger bar by the connector

Has anyone else seen this? What gives?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:39:39 AM EDT
I had a really bad one on a Gen4 34.  I replaced all the trigger junk and the striker and it cleaned it up pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:41:31 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a really bad one on a Gen4 34.  I replaced all the trigger junk and the striker and it cleaned it up pretty good.
View Quote
Yea I considered maybe it was the ejector assembly or who knows

Good idea on replacing the striker too (that could be hanging up on something)
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:04:16 PM EDT
My best friend had one like this.  I took apart the trigger assembly and felt around on all the contact areas or anywhere that was metal to metal.  When the parts were stamped out it had lots of rough areas that I could feel with my fingernail.

After cleaning up the rough edges with a file and fine grit sand paper the trigger was much smoother and the normal weight.  Then he had me upgrade the springs and connector.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:31:16 PM EDT
it's not uncommon for a trigger bar to be out of spec and have a bend in it.  It can also cause excess drag on the slide
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:53:08 PM EDT
I just remembered I had one Glock trigger that was really heavy that turned out to be a piece of the channel liner that had chipped and gotten in the striker spring, clogging up the works.  

It came that way straight from Glock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:10:24 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just remembered I had one Glock trigger that was really heavy that turned out to be a piece of the channel liner that had chipped and gotten in the striker spring, clogging up the works.  

It came that way straight from Glock.
View Quote
Yup I had same issue with a brand new slide I got, it  was a big piece of plastic flashing off the channel liner caused a horrible trigger pull.. pulled it all out and problem was fixed...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:23:55 PM EDT
I've had a couple gen 4s like this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:45:08 AM EDT
Has it been cerakoted? I had a G17 that had a really heavy, gritty trigger because the guy who cerakoted it did not replace the striker channel liner. The plastic deforms in the heat when curing the cerakote. I pulled the striker out for the first time, and the liner came out with it.
Top Top