Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/25/2010 10:04:34 AM EDT
I love my FNP-45 and decided yesterday was the day I was going to install night sights on it. For the record I have installed night sights before on a few different pistols. The rear sight was hard to remove, but not impossible. The front sight was a nightmare. It felt like if it was welded in place, and I end up putting too much strength on it, and as a result I broke my front sight. It sucks.. Now I have to take it to the gunsmith who will probably give me a hard time for not taking the gun to him in the first place.

So think twice it you want to install night sights.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 2:20:04 PM EDT
That frikin SUCKS!! Which nightsights are you trying to install? I was just looking for a set to put on...I think Ameriglo is the only company at this time that makes them for the FNP-45?

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:39:40 AM EDT
Ameriglo. I've ordered another set and this time I will let the gunsmith do the work...
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:02:18 PM EDT
It's pretty easy to avoid - if you feel you're having to apply too much pressure, run it across a file sitting flat on your workbench. Be patient and remove just a small amount of material at a time until you can install, but the fit is still snug.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:40:55 PM EDT
That sucks!

What tool were you using?

I have used the Uni-2ool with success, apply a good amount of lube & take her easy. Which of course no good info to you now...

Best of luck.

~Will
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:01:09 AM EDT
I got it fixed. Took it to the gunsmith yesterday and we removed the broken front sight and installed the new one in less than 5 minutes... I guess my gunsmith skills suck... lol..
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Alex_B69:
I got it fixed. Took it to the gunsmith yesterday and we removed the broken front sight and installed the new one in less than 5 minutes... I guess my gunsmith skills suck... lol..

Glad you got it taken care of

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:47:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Alex_B69:
Ameriglo. I've ordered another set and this time I will let the gunsmith do the work...

Cheaper that way

Page Handguns » FN
Top Top