Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/25/2010 10:04:34 AM EDT
I love my FNP-45 and decided yesterday was the day I was going to install night sights on it.  For the record I have installed night sights before on a few different pistols.  The rear sight was hard to remove, but not impossible.  The front sight was a nightmare. It felt like if it was welded in place, and I end up putting too much strength on it, and as a result I broke my front sight. It sucks..  Now I have to take it to the gunsmith who will probably give me a hard time for not taking the gun to him in the first place.

So think twice it you want to install night sights.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That frikin SUCKS!!  Which nightsights are you trying to install?  I was just looking for a set to put on...I think Ameriglo is the only company at this time that makes them for the FNP-45?

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Ameriglo. I've ordered another set and this time I will let the gunsmith do the work...
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It's pretty easy to avoid - if you feel you're having to apply too much pressure, run it across a file sitting flat on your workbench.  Be patient and remove just a small amount of material at a time until you can install, but the fit is still snug.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks!

What tool were you using?

I have used the Uni-2ool with success, apply a good amount of lube & take her easy.  Which of course no good info to you now...

Best of luck.

~Will
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I got it fixed. Took it to the gunsmith yesterday and we removed the broken front sight and installed the new one in less than 5 minutes...  I guess my gunsmith skills suck... lol..
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got it fixed. Took it to the gunsmith yesterday and we removed the broken front sight and installed the new one in less than 5 minutes...  I guess my gunsmith skills suck... lol..

Glad you got it taken care of

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ameriglo. I've ordered another set and this time I will let the gunsmith do the work...

Cheaper that way

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top