Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:09:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2004 1:12:01 PM EST by TheSaint2284]
I have seen it all now. I wonder how much this costs? Do you think anyone will buy this?www.cornershot.com/product.php

http://www.cornershot.com/images/home_pic.gif
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:35:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheSaint2284:
I have seen it all now. I wonder how much this costs? Do you think anyone will buy this?www.cornershot.com/product.php

www.cornershot.com/images/home_pic.gif

I read a write up in a mag about it. They used sigs. They really liked it and said it was very intuitive to use. Its israeli if I remember right. Its aimed at LEOs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:15:06 PM EST
From an engineering standpoint, I admire it. Realistically, though, it's pretty application specific. Can't really justify carrying it around day to day, as it would be a lousy rifle (very short barrel). On the other hand, one or two of these in a Swat unit would be pretty useful.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:01:49 PM EST
The Germans had something like that in WWII. Well, it was just a bent tube that you stuck on the end of the firearm but I'm sure it cost less.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:29:32 PM EST
I agree that it is impressive from an engineering standpoint, but I do not picture police departments spending that kind of money on a gadget. Plus it would probaly be against regs to shoot someone around a corner that was not a threat. From a civilian standpoint when someone is in my house around a corner I would much rather swing around the corner with a 12 guage.

And I remember watching something on the History Channel about the Nazis putting a curved barrel on a submachine gun. Fun, but not practical.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:40:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheSaint2284:
From a civilian standpoint when someone is in my house around a corner I would much rather swing around the corner with a 12 guage.

Or just shoot THROUGH the wall.
Top Top