Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2010 8:18:01 AM EDT
I have a S&W M&P9 that needs some sight adjustments.  

As this will hopefully be a one time adjustment, I wanted to see if anybody had the MGW tool that I could borrow; I would of course send in collateral while the tool is in use to ensure its timely return.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Still looking!
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
May I suggest visiting your local gun dealer?
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I changed my sights with a set of punches.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May I suggest visiting your local gun dealer?

Thought of that, but I want to make adjustments between test firing it with carry ammo.  This would be more costly asking somebody else to do it.  I would just buy the tool myself from Brownells if I had the spare $100+ to drop on a potentially one-time use.

I'll wait and see if somebody's willing to loan their adjustment tool to me for a week or two if I send them collateral.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The tool runs around $125 and has a fair amount of weight to it. By the time you factor in two way shipping and the inconvenience of tying up collateral, you will have dumped a few bucks into it with nothing to show for your troubles. You can use the tool to change out the factory sights for something else, install an Apex DCAEK or...rent it out to a buddy who wants to do the same.

Consider it as an investment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I changed my sights with a set of punches.

I used my punches and it worked fine.  I had read interweb reports of the front sight fitting super tight in the dovetail, but mine moved just fine with the punch.  Thanks for the recommendation; it saved me some $$

On another subject, I found that when I switched to the small backstrap piece I could get a proper grip and trigger finger index while maintaining a high thumb (ala 1911) grip.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top