Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:44:35 AM EDT
Or so the 1994 AWB would say.

It's not yet on their website, but I got a catalog last night and Walther now offers a new target 22LR pistol that feeds through a magazine located in front of the trigger guard. It comes with a five rounder, but I'm sure there will be more options offered in the future.

There's another model as well, but I have no clue how it feeds and they don't supply very much information. They both come with 2.2 - 3 pound triggers. One has a polymer target style grip, while the other one has a custom carved wood grip. Both have ported barrels.

The one that feeds in front of the trigger guard will also have a carbine conversion kit available. It has a nicely finished wood thumbhole stock, and a ported and fluted 18" barrel.

They look pretty impressive to me. It's been too long since we had a good 22LR target pistol that didn't feed through the grip. (Benelli mp95)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it the OSP? That's been around for a while.
OSP
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it the OSP? That's been around for a while.
OSP

That it would be. It looks like they did some very minor changes, but that's it.

I'm surprised Walther waited this long to start importing it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The magazine in front of the trigger guard has been used for some time, and is being used still, for a number of target-grade .22s  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the deal was the detachable mag and 2 of the evil features to make it an AW (the pistol grip being one), hence the legality of ARs & SARs with neutered barrels. If so, that still wouldn't be an AW unless a FS/FH, bayonet lug, telescoping/folding stock or grenade launcher was installed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe the forward magazine AW ruling was only on imported pistols. But what about pistols such as the TEC-9, Benelli MP95, and HK SP89? The TEC-9 was American made IIRC, but the company took a dump. But the SP89 and MP95 should be importable again now shouldn't they?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top