Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:11:44 PM EDT
Opinions? (Note:If this is in the wrong forum please move) I saw one in the AIM Surplus catalog. Is it a good gun? Not looking to buy but to gather info.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:45:04 PM EDT
shameless bump.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:02:34 PM EDT
ehhh..I think I'll go visit the Walther forum now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:14:23 PM EDT
You posted three times in four hours. Give folks some time, maybe no one that had visited the forum has had experience with the gun you were talking about.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:17:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TonyW:
You posted three times in four hours. Give folks some time, maybe no one that had visited the forum has had experience with the gun you were talking about.

No problem.

I'm aware of how the tech forums work...they take longer than GD.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 9:33:32 PM EDT by Not_A_Llama]
Repentance comes in the form of READING, not POSTING.

Kel-Tec makes the P32.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:22:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Not_A_Llama:
Repentance comes in the form of READING, not POSTING.

Kel-Tec makes the P32.

So does Walther, tough guy. Look at the AIM surplus catlalog next time, bud.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:34:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Easy there, big fella. Not_A_Llama is correct. The firearm you are asking about is a "PP 32". "PP" is short for "Polizei Pistole". Even the Aim Surplus catalog lists it that way. Bud.
Here is a review from American Rifleman to chew on until the forum catches up with you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:35:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hector_X:

Easy there, big fella. Not_A_Llama is correct. The firearm you are asking about is a "PP 32". "PP" is short for "Polizei Pistole". Even the Aim Surplus catalog lists it that way. Bud.
Here is a review from American Rifleman to chew on until the forum catches up with you.

My bad. But in your review it lists it as a "Walther." So which is it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:21:17 PM EDT
If in fact it is a Walther P-38 9mm, allow me to say thumbs-up. Most likely it's a former east bloc communist import with an alloy frame. These are nice little shooters. Mags are fairly cheap & they make a nice little plinker.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:46:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
If in fact it is a Walther P-38 9mm, allow me to say thumbs-up. Most likely it's a former east bloc communist import with an alloy frame. These are nice little shooters. Mags are fairly cheap & they make a nice little plinker.

What is a Plinker? Is it used for "plinking?" What is plinking?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:41:40 PM EDT
Trying to run up the tech forum post count, huh?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:49:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:08:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

no fucking shit, eh?

this is rediculous.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 12:18:53 AM EDT by Not_A_Llama]

Never say that! You are NOT bad. You are Llama's little sweetheart, and don't you ever let anyone else say that to you.

Let me explain for you.

You didn't read the AIM Surplus site right. I can sympathize, though, since it's not like the term "PP32" is written across the top in prominant 20+ point font, like it is. Instead of writing the CORRECT model number, PP32, you wrote P32. PP32 is not the same as P32. The first one is missing one of the letter "P"; the sixteenth letter of the alphabet, prominantly featured in Cookie Monster's helpful "Letter of the Day" segment.

The only company that I know of on the market making a gun called the "P32" is Kel-tec. Kel-tec is not the same company as Walther. You can tell, because "Kel-tec" starts with the letter "k" (kay), and "Walther" starts with the letter "W" (dubble-yew). It's not your fault, though. They both have the same number of letters in their name.

Walther makes the PP32. When writing an article about one particular model of a device, people often refer to that device by its manufacturer. In an article about the Ford Pinto, a writer might say "The Ford" as a roundabout way of referring to the Pinto itself. A writer might also refer to "Elmer's Washable School Paste (Non-Toxic!)" as "The Elmer's", and so on.

"Plinking" is a very complex and difficult word to master, so I can relate. I have heard that putting the word in at some place like www.google.com, and pressing enter will cause kind dwarves that live on the intarwebs to tell you the answer! When I asked them today, they said a lot of things, but mentioned a lot of things about target shooting informally (informally means something is not serious)

Best of luck, from your bestest pal in the whole wide world,

Not_A_Llama

PS: XOXOXOXOXOXO <3 <3 <3
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 12:27:28 AM EDT by J_Smith]

Its a Walther P32 right? or what? Which gun are you trying to figure out???????????????

.32ACP?

.380?????

Give specific details before you post
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:31:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARin:

wait, this is a joke right?

You'd think it would be obvious. But I'm being told this stupid shit is genuine. Whatever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:04:41 AM EDT
For having 8748+ posts, he sure is clueless.

...PW comes to mind.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:11:39 AM EDT

Never say that! You are NOT bad. You are Llama's little sweetheart, and don't you ever let anyone else say that to you.

Let me explain for you.

You didn't read the AIM Surplus site right. I can sympathize, though, since it's not like the term "PP32" is written across the top in prominant 20+ point font, like it is. Instead of writing the CORRECT model number, PP32, you wrote P32. PP32 is not the same as P32. The first one is missing one of the letter "P"; the sixteenth letter of the alphabet, prominantly featured in Cookie Monster's helpful "Letter of the Day" segment.

The only company that I know of on the market making a gun called the "P32" is Kel-tec. Kel-tec is not the same company as Walther. You can tell, because "Kel-tec" starts with the letter "k" (kay), and "Walther" starts with the letter "W" (dubble-yew). It's not your fault, though. They both have the same number of letters in their name.

Walther makes the PP32. When writing an article about one particular model of a device, people often refer to that device by its manufacturer. In an article about the Ford Pinto, a writer might say "The Ford" as a roundabout way of referring to the Pinto itself. A writer might also refer to "Elmer's Washable School Paste (Non-Toxic!)" as "The Elmer's", and so on.

"Plinking" is a very complex and difficult word to master, so I can relate. I have heard that putting the word in at some place like www.google.com, and pressing enter will cause kind dwarves that live on the intarwebs to tell you the answer! When I asked them today, they said a lot of things, but mentioned a lot of things about target shooting informally (informally means something is not serious)

Not_A_Llama

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:05:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 4:06:18 PM EDT by deej86]

Do you have a problem with that?

(Not trying to start sh%t, just trying to understanding Bunny's question here)
Smith, I'm talking about the .32 ACP pistol.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:40:11 PM EDT

Not at all, when you can elicit responses such as N_A_L's.

Since these are the technical forums, you might want to ask some technical questions, rather than solicit people's subjective opinions.

Is it a good gun? Walther's are usually well made and reliable.

But what would you want it for? It would be a very good chioce for some people and a very bad choice for others, depending on their needs.

Do you need help defining your needs?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:46:09 PM EDT

Not at all, when you can elicit responses such as N_A_L's.

Since these are the technical forums, you might want to ask some technical questions, rather than solicit people's subjective opinions.

Is it a good gun? Walther's are usually well made and reliable.

But what would you want it for? It would be a very good chioce for some people and a very bad choice for others, depending on their needs.

Do you need help defining your needs?

No.
I appreciate your opinion and it's duly noted.

Yes, I am trying to get more into the tech forums.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:37:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:29:13 PM EDT

Opinions? (Note:If this is in the wrong forum please move) I saw one in the AIM Surplus catalog. Is it a good gun? Not looking to buy but to gather info.

What do you mean by good gun? Good for what?

If you are starting with handguns start with a 22. Loads of good new and used ones are out there. Ruger Mk2, Buckmark, SW 422, other revolvers.

32 is ok, depends. Costs a lot to shoot, not very good for CCW but better then nothing, not a starter gun, and others.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:41 PM EDT

and a dupe nonetheless.

same question, same board, same poster!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=23977
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:22:22 PM EDT
DJ, get yourself a .22 as a first gun.

Simple, cheep to shoot which means you can practice more and you have much less of a chance of killing yourself if you have an accident.

I reccomend a used Ruger Mark II, III. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks.

Very accurate and a great starter gun to get used to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:07:12 PM EDT

Let me explain for you.

Not_A_Llama

You got to admit, that was GOOD,

Has to be the best OWNED I have ever read....

Heres to you on this one Llama...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:45:57 PM EDT
wow, you got owned
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:34:07 AM EDT

8700+ post and your just now trying to get "into the tech forums"

I wonder how many GDers actually own guns...

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:55:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

8700+ post and your just now trying to get "into the tech forums"

I wonder how many GDers actually own guns...

(Not trying to start sh*t but I want to make a point)

If you cannot contribute to a technical forum thread without making a rude remark towards a fellow remember, then you should abstain from making said remarks.

I would like to thank you all for the opinions said about the Walther. If it's a uncomfortable gun that is expensive to feed, I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:43:20 AM EDT
(Again not trying to start anything but to make a point)
1shott and Murdoc, technical forums, are obviously not about who got "owned".

strangleonthedangle, I will have to check up on the Ruger forums about the Mark I and Mark II.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:14:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 10:16:36 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By stangleonthedangle:
DJ, get yourself a .22 as a first gun.

Simple, cheep to shoot which means you can practice more and you have much less of a chance of killing yourself if you have an accident.

I reccomend a used Ruger Mark II, III. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks.

Very accurate and a great starter gun to get used to.

Get a silencer, and you're well on your way to your career as an assassin, Mr. 47.

Seriously, I second strangle on this one. It will also be more fun to shoot because you will likely be "better" with it. IMHO, you won't be able to really enjoy shooting anything bigger until you're at least a decent shot with a .22 anyway.

Moving away from handgun talk for a second, I've got a buddy who *easily* has more than $10k worth of bolt guns. Last time he was back in Texas, we headed out to the range. All I took with me was my lever-action .22, because he had all the real hardware (and because he doesn't own a .22). Some of his optics (sights) are worth more than I am.

Anyway, my buddy shot his own guns for a while; eventually asked to shoot mine. Asshole wouldn't give it back. He looked like a fucking 8-year old out there with his first Chipmunk gun, he was so dumb and happy. I didn't mind; I got to play with some guns n' glass I'll never be able to afford.

He told me that, while he always has fun at the range, he could not remember the last time he'd had that much fun. Prolly had more to do with it being lever-action (and "only" having iron sights) than anything........
Top Top