Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/25/2001 12:49:27 PM EDT
I've been thinking of picking up a p99, but am a little concerned about the ones that have S&W parts. If a particular gun has S&W contracted parts is it easy to tell? Proof-marking, S&W stamped on slide, barrel or frame. What do I look for?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:03:16 AM EDT
Yes, there's "S&W" stamped on the slide for the S&W version of this gun. Otherwise the frames are identical. I've shot the Walther version, pretty accurate little gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:15:30 AM EDT
I understand that the accessory rail on the S&W is a Weaver rail, where as the rail on the Walther is of their own design, accepting only attachments of their manufacture.

Remember: there is no reason to continue bashing S&W... the British company that compromised themselves has been sold, so they no longer benefit from any generated sales. The almost universal boycott seems to have worked, forcing the un-American interests out of the market. Good job, men!

BTW... check out this Walther link: www.waltherusa.net/p99.htm

FITTER out
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:33:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FITTER:
Remember: there is no reason to continue bashing S&W... the British company that compromised themselves has been sold, so they no longer benefit from any generated sales. The almost universal boycott seems to have worked, forcing the un-American interests out of the market. Good job, men!FITTER out

Except for the not-so-tiny fact that the board of directors are all still there. And S&W has not renounced nor walked away from the HUD Agreement. The boycott is still ON as far as I'm concerned as the agreement is still in place.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:46:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/5/2002 7:14:47 AM EDT by Arc_Angel]
Check out this site: www.geocities.com/jimc_07874/home.html
He has a pretty good explanation of how you can tell. From what I understand, Walther contracted S&W to make a few slides for them that were not the same quality as the Walther stuff.

S&W makes their own version of the gun too, but check out the site above for tips on identifying the Walther guns with S&W parts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2002 6:23:13 AM EDT by Ghostface]
Yeah!...What BobCole said...Anway S&W could not produce decent 99,Walther had to halt their production for a while because the finished product was so out of spec!The NJ state police had rejected the S&W 99 because of so many malfunctions.
This just reaffirms my opinions about S&W and their autos!I can't blame them too much for not having the forsight to come up with a GOOD,NEW,WORKING designed auto of their own.BUT I CAN BLAME them for not be able to produce a working COPY of Glock and Walther!SAD....VERY SAD!
Top Top