Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 10:18:07 PM EDT
Can you still get these? Anyone ever shot one?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Have shot them. Love them! They shoot like a P-38. They have gone from $600.00 to close to a grand now. No longer imported. Wish I still had mine!

Tim
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a Walter P5 about a year ago. I've only had it to the range twice, but man does it shoot! This fits my hand and points like I couldn't belive! Now, if only it didn't have that Euro mag release.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Being only an 8 shot mag, a warmed over P-38 design and a German price tag, I think hampered its acceptance on a large scale. A good friend has been trying to sell his forever...no takers. I love the P-38, the gun, the history and the looks. I think the P-5 is the latest attempt to keep the design alive, very well done, IMO. I don't know how well hollowpoints feed in them. To me, that would make the gun a keeper or a weeper. Having two P-88s pass through my hands, those too, are sexy creatures, indeed. (pardon my analogy) But at the current price of 4 or 5 NIW P-88 mags, (15 rounders) you could buy a complete 9MM of another make. That is the main reason I passed them on to whoever would give them a good home.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a special version that I brought back with me from when I was stationed in Germany. It is a regular P-5 in 9mm with a .30 Luger conversion. Great shooter in both caliber's thought the barrel is a bit short for the .30 Luger.  Makes a nice fireball when fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top