Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 8:30:47 PM EDT
I am considering selling my AC44 Walther P-38 to raise money for another purchase.  I have no idea what to ask for it, maybe you guys can help.

It is all matching numbers, it has no import marks but it has been refinished.  You can tell because under the finish there is some very mild pitting on the slide.  The finish is in great shape.  There is moderate cosmetic damage to one panel on the grips.  One of the grips look like the pistol was dropped but is fully functional and not cracked or chipped.  It functions perfectly and is actually quite a nice shooter.  The bore is very good, with no corrosion.  All Nazi proofs and markings are intact and it has a proper Nazi proofed mag.  It also comes with 2 spare Walther banner mags and a pretty nice repro holster that has faked Nazi markings.

What's it worth?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The refinishing takes a bit off of the value, obviously. Given your listing, I'd say about $400 value. I've seen them listed (not sold, listed) as high as $800 & saw one this weekend asking for $600.

Good luck!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top