Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 12:48:39 PM EDT
Has anyone ever seen a P22 with the frame?

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/mocha83/P22Camo.jpg
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:50:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 12:51:01 PM EDT by stretch415]
Ive seen the digital camo but not that one. Custom maybe

Edit: thats the mosquito Im thinking of neverind
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:53:25 PM EDT
I just bought it off EE.  I was told the frame was imported from E. Germany.  I was wondering if anyone could confirm that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:00:16 PM EDT
I don't think its a custom job as they didn't color the backstrap or the mag release.  This is how all P22's look with their custom colors from Walther.  If I was going to do a custom job, I would want the backstrap (at least) to match the rest of the frame.  As for being a import from Walther Germany ... I would think they are correct.  I don't recall ever seeing any information that the P22's had any parts manufactured in the US.  At one time Walther had S&W make a slide to fit on the P99 frame, but that was several years ago and it lasted a whole year.

Once you look at the gun the frame should have the usuall markings showing it was made in Germany.  It will have a stag (antler) horn and an eagle over N stamp just like the slide.  As long as it has those marks it was made in Germany.  As I stated before I would bet a cold beer on that color being factory as well, so I am pretty sure that it is factory applied.

Top Top