Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:02:11 PM EST
Really like the looks of the Walther P22 and thought it would be a great little plinker for the wife.Iv'e heard of alot of reliability issues though,does anyone know if these have been worked out or should I avoid it in favor of something else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:19:45 PM EST
A friend of mine has one. If you have any problems with it Walther will fix it at no cost to you. If they have to do any work on it, it will run like a champ wheny you get it back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:28:30 AM EST
The P22 is very picky on ammo. I find Federal works best for me. I sent mine to Walther, got it back and it was still doing the same old stuff, so I examined the slide and saw a small bur. I sanded it down with some emory cloth and now it has widened its appitite to 2-3 different brands of ammo. It really is a good little gun, it just requires a little patience in the beginning.

-Tyler
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:35:24 AM EST
Had mine for about 6 months now.

This thing will eat, Blazer bulk pack, Federal bulk pack 95% of the time, Mini Mags 100%. Just remember to use hi volicity ammo.

I've gone through about 4 or 5 bricks, can say I love mine with no issues to report.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:01:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:48:29 AM EST
I've had a few FTF's with mine but I think that it's primarily due to a magazine problem. The mags that have a NS ending in "A" s are okay. Most every problem I've ever had were when the gun was dirty.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:35:20 PM EST
I've had mine for over a year.....it was ammo picky in the beginning.....but now it has been completely reliable with anything I put thru it......I probably have 4-5000 rounds thru it.....it's a real head turner at the range.....everyone wants to try it....it's a really good looking weapon.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:42:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 9:44:39 AM EST by Corbic]
What is the going price on these bad boys. Local Shop has one for $259.99, but I think it may be use, didnt ask.

Also, any hi-cap mags for this thing ^_^.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:21:05 PM EST
I sold mine. It was inaccurate compared to Brownings or Rugers. It was an unreliable feeder. Walther wouldn't tell me what the slide was made of, just that it was "cast metal". The final straw was when it fired out of battery and put a piece of brass in my cheek. Inaccurate, unreliable, unsafe - no thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:23:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:49:20 PM EST
I had one of the very first ones on the market. (Before the heavy recoil spring & older mags were found to give it reliability problems). I kept it awhile but eventualy sold it for about $30 less than I paid for it. Right after I did that S&W came out with updated mags & claimed the gun had been updated. Well I have since inherited another one with the updated recoil spring & mags. Looking forward to trying it out as I really liked the feel of the gun back when I had it before.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:05:06 AM EST
Love mine, haven't had any major problems, have only tried to run it with the cheap Remington Golden Bullets and CCI Stingers. One problem I've noticed is that it is possible to load 11 rounds in a mag, but it won't function. Great .22 pistol if you want something that handles like a conventional autopistol.
Top Top