Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:51:18 AM EDT
I have a Gen 2 Glock 22 that has never carried and approx 500rd thru it. Gun is in excellent condition with factory case, 1 - 10rd mag, 2 - 15rd mags (all factory). What would be a fair price to ask for it?

Also if I were to decided and sell it on the web, what should I estimate the shipping price to be? Handguns have to be shipped overnight, right?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:19:19 PM EDT
I'd bet you could get $450-$475 for it. FEDEX overnight shipping will run you around $25.

It's up to you if you want to include shipping in the asking price. Maybe you could sell it face to face with someone in your own state or proximity.

Is there a WV Shooters Forum outside of ARFCOM? That would be a good place to advertise it.

Good Luck and what will you be replacing the G22 with?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
You think that much? That would be great! I hoping for mayby $425 + shipping and feared it might not even move at that price.

As for the replacement, I'm not sure yet. Something a little smaller in case I ever do decide to carry. Was thinking about the Kimber's but the MIM components have me a little concerned. Maybe an older Colt commander, SIG, or HK compact? Still researching. Any suggestions for a premium carry handgun under $1K?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:51:25 PM EDT
$425 sounds about right to me unless it's got night sights or something extra. Used, police turn-in G22's go for around $380, so it would be hard to get much more than $425 for yours despite the fact that it's in like new condition. I bought my 22 from J&G sales for $379. I also just bought a like new G26, with 3 mags and the original box for $400. But heck, ask $475, you never know, you might get it!

If you're used to a Glock why switch? Trade your G22 in on a G23 or G27. It's hard to beat a Glock for CCW, they're light, flat, super reliable, have excellent capacity and don't suffer from rusting that sweating all over them will cause. I sweat all over my carry gun here in Arizona, specially in the summer time, I've even started rust spots on stainless guns but I've never seen a speck of rust on one of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:43:08 AM EDT
I love the Glock for the AK type reliability. My biggest complaint is the safety. I would not feel comfortable carring a Glock with a round chambered. I would rather have a handgun that is DA and carry chambered but not cocked or SA with it cocked and locked.

I just about ruled out a 1911 because the one I want cost $1500 So right now I'm researching SIG's and HK's.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:00:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Carb850:
My biggest complaint is the safety. I would not feel comfortable carring a Glock with a round chambered. I would rather have a handgun that is DA and carry chambered but not cocked or SA with it cocked and locked.

Take a good pistol defense/combat course and you'll get over that notion quick, Slick.
Top Top