Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 4:17:16 PM EDT
WTK:  Springfield Champion / Mil Spec 1911A1

Looking to purchase a new 1911A1 for general target shooting and carry.  I have either been issued a 1911A1 by Uncle Sam or owned one for over 35 years. I guess I am getting old.

Looking around it seems like my want list is narrowed to either the steel frame Springfield Champion (4 inch barrel) or Mil Spec (5 inch barrel).   I like the forged frame/slide and the GI spec items (sights, etc) on the Springfields.

It appears that some of the parts are MIM on the Springfield.  Any one have a list of which parts are?

I am leaning towards the Champion due to the shorter barrel for CCW.

I would appreciate feedback from the board experts.

Thanks,

Don-S1
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i have yet to come across a definitive list of springfield MIM parts

i wouldn't worry about them though.

if you plan on replacing them, just use that $$ towards a different gun without mim

my 2 cents
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top