Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 7:43:45 PM EDT
What's the deal with the "fired casing" that comes with NIB USP45?  

Is this a form of firearm figerprinting?

I was looking at a USP45 this afternoon; the dealer told me the "fired casing" will be sent to LE office when someone buys the pistol.  Huh???

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
i believe only a couple states do that, but i got my shell
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Some states (NY, MD) require the manufacturer to send fired cases off to their lab for cataloging (ballistic fingerprinting).
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Some states do most don't.. If you buy a gun and it has the case with it then you have it not the state.. It also shows that the gun was tested and worked when it left the factory. Every new HK and Sig I have bought have had one with it. And my Sigs have the target that was shot by it as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It also shows that the gun was tested and worked when it left the factory.

ALL guns are test fired at the factory, sir. Well, at least the ones that cost over $50, anyways. Why do you think all new guns have dirty bores & breech faces?  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top