Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 5:43:20 AM EDT
I've been shooting S&B but it is very dirty compared to some other brands that I have owned.

Looking to buy several hundred rounds of .40 and wondering what you guys recommend.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been shooting S&B but it is very dirty compared to some other brands that I have owned.

Looking to buy several hundred rounds of .40 and wondering what you guys recommend.

Go to a local gunshow near you on a Sunday afternoon. Find some dealer who has PMC ammo & then dicker on price. I always ask them, "Do you want to sell it or load it back up?"

Usually what you get popped on for sales tax is much less than shipping. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey all, newbie here and long time ar15lurker:)
For those of you in VA, Galyans had a sale this weekend - 10 boxes or more, 10%off.
Picked up Winchester white box 9's for 5.80/50 after the discount; and same winchester whites in 45's for 9.75 or so per box of 50.
That's hard to beat even compared to show prices. Anyways, white box has always been good stuff for me.
regards, eugene
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey all, newbie here and long time ar15lurker:)
For those of you in VA, Galyans had a sale this weekend - 10 boxes or more, 10%off.
Picked up Winchester white box 9's for 5.80/50 after the discount; and same winchester whites in 45's for 9.75 or so per box of 50.
That's hard to beat even compared to show prices. Anyways, white box has always been good stuff for me.
regards, eugene

First let me say welcome!

Where is Galyans located at.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the welcome:)
Galyans is that big outdoor store/outfitter off of Fairlakes Dr in Fairfax, VA. Not too far from the NRA actually. They have a big climbing wall - and outdoorsie stuff - decent gun/hunting department as well.
http://www.galyans.com/stores_frameset.html
Regards, eugene

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
A NOVA resident huh. Way to far for me. I usually just save all my ammo purchases for the gun show at the ShowPlace in Richmond. They usually will be the same price as the catalogs without worring about shipping. The next one is on the first weekend of Dec. If you are looking for more (like who isn't looking for more) then I would say go to the show.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A NOVA resident huh. Way to far for me. I usually just save all my ammo purchases for the gun show at the ShowPlace in Richmond. They usually will be the same price as the catalogs without worring about shipping. The next one is on the first weekend of Dec. If you are looking for more (like who isn't looking for more) then I would say go to the show.

unfortunately re Nova - but i live in Loudoun County - so its not too bad as, say Fairfax - (no offense to you Fairfax folks or inside the beltway types).
Yeah, ive been to the Richmond show - a little bit too far, i usually dont miss the Dale City and the Bealton show though.
Regards, eugene
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I think there is a show in Salem, VA the last weekend of this month but I can't confirm.  Have any of you heard about one?  I only live 8 miles from Salem so it is handy for me to make this show when it comes to town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top